Not a best bottle thread but a question on a few bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPD

Reaction score
Harpoon and flying fish and a few other breweries have pry off bottles. On the bottom of the the bottle it has imprinted "no refills". I am assuming the no refill is for automated refills for recycling due to the glass being thinner. Can these be used for home bottling? I threw out a case several months ago because I never thought I would have 7 cases of home brew conditioning at once but with the upcoming holidays and when I bottle my red ale tomorrow and the Belgian wit in 3 weeks I will be falling short of bottles.

I wouldn't sweat it. You're not being nearly as rough on those bottles as the bottling line would be.

I have a couple harpoon six packs that are on their second rotation as homebrew containers and I haven't noticed any problems. Of course if the next time I cap them they explode/collapse/crush/fight back I will recant publicly.

Sorry I don't have a TLA as a username, but I will respond anyways. That No Refill just means not to put it back into the bottling line at the bottle-ry. You can reuse em fine for homebrew.

TLAs are for people without premium accounts. We graduate to funny handles at $25.00 :D

I can't tell... :(

These guys are *intense* about their acronyms. It'd be like giving you the scoop on SWMBO. They'd ban me from the LHBS and sneak over to my house to spit in my RIS. :eek:

It's too risky for me but Professor Google fears no homebrewer

:mug:

I will bottle with anything that i can put a cap on. To my knowledge I have never had a bottle explode. But most of our bottles are Guinness Extra Stout. My friend thinks that they are "homebrewy."

I have even capped a few Bud Light bottles. Although I steer clear of twist offs most of the time if I can.

Back