Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is called "Denver Hawkeye Brewing." I am originally from Iowa and am a huge Hawkeye fan but also love the broncos living in Denver now. So I combined the two and have the Hawkeye logo in Broncos colors. For those who know me, it makes sense.

Mine was called Galley Aleworks because I love boats and I used to brew in my kitchen. Then I changed it to Camp Brew Co. because I now brew outside, I love camping/hiking/outdoors and I've always called home "camp," "base camp," or the like, and I dig how "Camp Brew" sounds... Thus Camp Brew was born.

I have been brewing for a few years and never considered naming anything. I got in an accident in june and have been about as useful as an empty bud lite bottle. The wife thought I needed company while I am recovering after our youngest son moved out so she got a kitten. .. i suck so bad at coming up with names that the cat comes to me when I say 'come here puppy' . This has really confused the granddaughter. The wife calls it Annabelle. About 2 minutes after she told me that name a commercial for that horror movie about the doll came on. ... Puppy sounds better now.

The boyfriend and I brainstormed for a long while on ours... we wanted a solid name before starting brewing because I was excited to do the label designing, and wanted something solid name-wise off the get-go. We're both avid video gamers and so our line of thought was mostly in that direction... Marshall suggested 2 Player Mode and that was the one. No going back. It was perfect, being a guy and girl brewing team. 2 Player Mode. :mug:

This is the basic logo I put into each label for cohesiveness.

logo-png.png

The boyfriend and I brainstormed for a long while on ours... we wanted a solid name before starting brewing because I was excited to do the label designing, and wanted something solid name-wise off the get-go. We're both avid video gamers and so our line of thought was mostly in that direction... Marshall suggested 2 Player Mode and that was the one. No going back. It was perfect, being a guy and girl brewing team. 2 Player Mode. :mug:

This is the basic logo I put into each label for cohesiveness.

logo-png.png

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. I LOVE IT! I lamented over a name for my "brewery" for a long time. A couple of years ago, I went with "The Drunken Viking Brewery", due to my Norwegian heritage. But then, I had about a two year hiatus due to kids in high school, and all the sports and stuff that goes along with that. Well, I am ramping up the operation again. I am an American History buff, and I will be, Good Lord willing, building a pub room downstairs in the style of a colonial tavern. Anyway, the new operation is called "Segmented Snake Brewhouse"

finishingtouches.png

SSB_Oatmeal_Stout.jpg

I named mine "Pump on a Stump" Brewing Co. I have a couple chigger pumps and haven't gotten around to dabbing up a proper brew stand. So I simple used some Sheetrock screws to secure the pumps to an old stump I cut off on brew day. Works wellImageUploadedByHome Brew1413203522.358064.jpg

Not my brewery name, but...

The other day I went into The Liquor Warehouse in Hemet, CA, looking for something to welcome my son home from his Army stint in Korea. I asked the gal at the cash register where their craft beer was, and she pointed me to the right aisle.

I cracked up when I got there, because the first thing I saw was a wide selection of beers from 'Craft Brewing Company', out of Lake Elsinore. I briefly considered being appalled by their chutzpah, and settled for being amused instead.

In fact, I grabbed one of their stouts. It was pretty good....

I mentioned the story behind New Main Brewing as our name several pages ago, but we recently came up with our logo thanks to one of our graphic design friends.

new_main.jpg

My brewery name is FINISH LINE BREWING I got the name from a historic photo of a model t crossing the finish at the Algonquin Hill Climb Race that was from 1906-1912. A single car was timed to see who's car could climb the steep hills the fastest,I am sure they also tipped some nice cold home brews after the race.What is more american than stripping the fenders off your car and racing it and drinking beer!

Proof1.jpg

I've decided to go with House of Spain Brewing for now (Spain being my surname). I batted around a few other ideas, but nothing I really gravitated towards.

A friend of mine did the build out for a new upscale Mex-Tex place called "The El Felix." I jokingly told him I was considering naming my hobby "The La Cerveza Beer Company". I may eventually go with that as it amuses me.

i live in a small, southern town called Gray Court. When asked where you live, locals respond with what sounds like Gray Coat. I came upwith this:

Gray Coat copy.jpg

Yellow Dot Brewing

My wife used to label my bottles with yellow stickers. They're the kind people use as price tags at garage sales.

The draft name for the brewery-in-planning is Risen Moon Brewing. Significance is tied to The Rising of the Moon, an Irish ballad. Many a grand evening was spent with close friends appreciating songs of rebellion and struggle, fine fellowship, and good beer, and that is the spirit that I hope to bring to the market in the not-so-distant-but-not-quite-close future. My logo is, unfortunately, still just a series of sketches made on airplane rides.

Aside: I've received mixed reviews on the name. Some find it hard to say. Opinions welcome.

Altex Brewing

My grandpa owned a plant nursery that I grew up right next door to...

Altex Nursery....

Altex combines the name of the town and state.. Alvin, Texas.. simple and effective...

Homage to my childhood.

Working on first labels now... and a bottle cap.

I got the name Subterranean Brewing from an old German folklore.

In the Frisic islands the housewives have frequently observed, when brewing, that the little people usually came in the shape of toads, and licked from off the floor the new beer that had been spilt. No one does them any harm, and the beer so spilt must be left for them, as well as the crumbs of bread that fall from the table.

I am changing my brewery name..
Yellow Room brewery is no more as I have moved from that house with the yellow room. Currently I am with out a house but i still have a home as I am living with my GF. We are looking for that right house to make into a home.

The name of my new brewery will be 'Besancon maison brasserie' translated to English is 'Besancon home brewery' Besancon is a very small town where my mother is from. The name derives from the city in France where the original settlers migrated from. Mothers side originated from a town not far from there.
I am told I look a lot like the great great relatives on my mothers mothers side.

Resilience Brewing is the name I've gone with. I try to relate it to beer because beer is pretty resilient, but really its because I like the concept of psychological resilience and like to think I have that quality. Plus, resilience just sounds good to me, kind of like the whole "cellar door" thing.

No design yet, but I will have a professional beer label soon! My favorite musician passed away a few months ago so I decided to brew a beer in his honor. On a whim, I got in touch with the artist who lived with the band and designed their album covers and he's designing a beer label and wants me to share the finished product with him and the other member of the band.

We just started brewing our first batch. I plan to go with Island Dogs Brewing Co. as the name. Someday we'd like to own a small dog-friendly beach-type bar somewhere warm. Maybe even sponsor local dog adoption events too. Just a dream right now, but something to work towards, right? We have 3 dogs now and love spending time in Key West and other warm places, so the name fits our current likes and would also fit in with any future endeavors.

1601 Brew Co. - a lot f people think it is a throw back to colonial times like Sam Adams or Thomas Hooker....But actually when i reserved the name there as 1600 active breweries in the country...active only..so i took 1601...why not...

I came up with FULL IRON BREWING because my other hobby is doing full distance ironman races and there's nothing better than a good beer after 100+mi training day.

When I restarted brewing towards the end of 2014, I decided on Time for 9 Brewing. It couples two of my biggest passions, brewing and college basketball.

First person to guess the significance gets a big old "Congratulations" from me.

Nomofett Brewing-
I teach English in Japan and the name is a name that a student made up that I thought was clever.. "Nomo" is the local dialect (Kansai) for "Nomou" Which is like an invitation to drink.. Nomo= "Let's Drink"
"Dachi" means friend, but the more correct way to say it is "Tomodachi" so combining those two gives you "Nomodachi" My student said it's what he calls his drinking friends.
The picture is a picture a kid left at a restaurant I used to work at. My moms a Childrens artist and I have 9 nieces and nephews so a good amount of my beers will use kids art, cause kids art is like what I think brewing should be.

5479320_orig.png

When I restarted brewing towards the end of 2014, I decided on Time for 9 Brewing. It couples two of my biggest passions, brewing and college basketball.

First person to guess the significance gets a big old "Congratulations" from me.

Time for 9 is a reference to Kentucky having 8 NCs. You will likely need to change it to Time for 10 in a few months, BTW.

Time for 9 is a reference to Kentucky having 8 NCs. You will likely need to change it to Time for 10 in a few months, BTW.

:ban: :tank:

I believe I'd like to share a Sweetwater with you. Spent plenty of time in Alpharetta when I was with GE. Always enjoyed the Sweetwater on tap at Mellow Mushroom. Nothing beats a trip to Catlanta.

I FINALLY came up with a name for my Brewhaus!

"Silent Sailor Brewing"

It is based off of the saying "Loose Lips, Sink Ships." I am a US Merchant Mariner so it fits with us as s*** talking sailors! Plus that saying is TRUE, I have seen plenty of sailors go down from talking to much. So I am a "Silent Sailor" aka I keep my mouth shut and sail on!

Back