colt 45 clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man I can see this getting worse than the budwiser clone thread

Can you lager? Im assuming this would have to be lagered?

I've seen a couple of your posts asking about cloning beer you drank in college. However, all of these beers are macros and use a great deal of adjuncts in a highly controlled environment. Unless you have temperature controlled fermentation and lagering chambers, you'll not come out with a product resembling what you can buy from the store. The light flavors of these beers mean that ANY mistake in the process will be on display and likely ruin the experience.

If you feel comfortable in your process and have the right equipment then go for it! Otherwise, I'd recommend making a nice balanced Cream or Blonde Ale and your friends will dig it.

there is some info in the budweiser thread.

For Colt 45 your looking for a little darker, and more medicinal upfront alcohol flavor. going to ferment it dry.

It would almost be easiest to take a trick from the winmaking book and blend at bottling.

any random known lightish lager recipe brewed as is
mixed with:
a custom almost colorless, small amount nobble hopped high gravity 1.080-1.10 wort made from extra light extract/rice and corn sugar if needed to keep the sugars simple and ferment it with a wine/champagne yeast.

force carbonate.

I was just joking around I didnt really think anybody would have a recipe lol. I actually have an all grain O'fest ferm., honey amber in bottles almost ready for the fridge, and brewing a german lager monday. I just thought it would be funny. Just wanted everyone to have a good laugh, but thanks for the recipes. if i wanted colt 45 i would just go get a bag of fritos lol

Back