Where to buy a manifold locally?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neumann

Reaction score
I am looking for something like this but I was hoping to find it locally. Home Depot doesn't seem to have anything similar. We have a Harbor Freight here but it is in a pretty shady neighborhood and I don't want to go out there unless I know I can find what I need. Should I try the AirGas where I get my CO2 tanks filled? I live in a decent sized city (Little Rock, AR) but I just don't know where to start looking. Any other suggestions?

A manifold like that is likely assembled from a number of parts, you probably couldn't fine one pre-made at Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, etc...

If the shop that fills your tank doesn't have anything similar, perhaps your LHBS would. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to put one together your self and you probably find the parts at a hardware store. It's just an extruded aluminum body, three check valves threaded on one end, barbed on the other and a barbed nipple.

I assume that you're wanting to use one CO2 tank to push multiple kegs. If that's so, a plastic or stainless barbed tee or barbed cross would work just as well. If you go this route, I'd just make sure it's made from a potable material.

u280107.jpg

I picked up a chrome plated one of those from my LHBS but it was the wrong diameter for my current setup and the only ones I've seen at Home Depot are nylon and the warning in it says that it "contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer." Not sure if I want to drink something that has had any kind of contact with that.

I picked up a chrome plated one of those from my LHBS but it was the wrong diameter for my current setup and the only ones I've seen at Home Depot are nylon and the warning in it says that it "contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer." Not sure if I want to drink something that has had any kind of contact with that.

That is why you would want to make sure it's made of a potable material :)

There is another post on DIY manifolds at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-co2-manifold-good-idea-147492/. You may want to read that one as well. I cannot find any of these manifolds locally, and I am also finding that if you want to add the check valves, the cost is not significantly less than what you can get from one of the online vendors (Beverage Factory, Midwest, Chi Company, etc.). YMMV

"contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer." Not sure if I want to drink something that has had any kind of contact with that.

you do realize everything causes cancer in California right ?:D

Pick up some brass tee's for now If you are concerned about lead just pickle them in Vinegar and peroxide

It also depends on if you are using it for gas side of beer side. If it is for gas side I wouldn't worry about it personally.

It also depends on if you are using it for gas side of beer side. If it is for gas side I wouldn't worry about it personally.

I don't know of anyone using a manifold on the beer side.. but I agree if you are using a barb splicer on the beer side like to add to a beer line I would only use Stainless steel

I don't know of anyone using a manifold on the beer side.. but I agree if you are using a barb splicer on the beer side like to add to a beer line I would only use Stainless steel

I have never heard of it either. I was just trying to be clear. I don't think food grade is necessary on gas side. I may be wrong.

the shutoffs with check valves are hard to find outside of homebrew shops. I suppose you could get the aquarium check valves. Or check with local aquarium shops, they use co2 for the plants, etc. and may have stuff (real shops, not petsmart, etc)

Back