New Coors Light Bottles With the Screw on Cap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash 2006

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new coors light bottles that have the screw on cap? Can these be used for bottling?

Thanks...

Hasn't coors always had screw on tops?

I think the general concensus on bottling in screw tops is that you can do it, but the bottles tend to break while capping at times.

These are plastic and have a screw on cap like a plastic coke bottle... They are new in stores now and are really cool... Dark plastic...

So they should work if I get the cap on tight correct?

It's not a new idea. The major breweries release those from time to time, usually in the summer as a marketing ploy to appeal to those who want to take beer to the beach or the pool.

Stupid beer marketing history aside, they'll work just fine for your beer.

They come in what they call the "cooler box" which has a plastic liner for dumping ice directly in. I've used them and they're fine for about one reuse before the cap seals start getting iffy. Some of the beers I had for a while on their second use lost carbonation in 5 months. For a new brewer though, you'll likely drink them all in a month or less.

Back