Cheap Co2 system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roesso

Reaction score
On page 2 of equipment there was a keg system that looked like it had a 20oz. paintball Co2 tank and I was wondering if someone could help me with the parts that was used on it. I would like to have a set up like that one.

thanks,

roesso

the one from morebeer is great. i use it every day on my 20lb tank and if i want to take a keg to a party i just screw on a 9oz paintball tank. :rockin:

I've been looking at these too - but I guess it is a chicken/egg situation - right now I don't ever bring my kegs anywhere, because draging the CO2 gear is a PITA, but if I had the Paintball equipment, would I really use it? Should I try dragging a keg and the bulky CO2 gear first, then say, see, SWMBO, I really do need this new paintball adaptor/extra regulator!!!

I prime my kegs so only use CO2 for serving. I have a full size bottle and reg for my in house set up but for using a keg elswhere I just use this.

PICT0005.jpg

I wish I had a friend like you Orfy ! (Someone who brought a keg to my house !)

How do you chill the keg ? Barrel of ice ?

I think I am going to use some 2 litre pop bottles for party excursions, unless its a party that needs a keg or two.

orfy said:
I prime my kegs so only use CO2 for serving. I have a full size bottle and reg for my in house set up but for using a keg elswhere I just use this.

PICT0005.jpg

Is there even a regulator on that?

brewman ! said:
I wish I had a friend like you Orfy ! (Someone who brought a keg to my house !)

How do you chill the keg ? Barrel of ice ?
I think I am going to use some 2 litre pop bottles for party excursions, unless its a party that needs a keg or two.
I don't chill it untill the summer.
I don't mind beer up to 15c.

I'll have a keggorator before summer or chill in an ice bath. Last summer I was still on bottles.

All you need to do is replace the beer with CO2, but what is the pressure in the paintball tank?

Back