I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HBT looks different on my phone.
1365970398698.gif

I use the browser. I was used to the way it worked. Now I can't zoom in anymore and the menu bar different. Did the format change? I haven't been on a PC for a while.

I was wondering if it was something I did on my phone, I guess not and no I don't like it either.

I like the phone browser, for the most part. I don't like I can't " like" a post or see likes. Other than that I think it's pretty good.

Got to edit , I do that a lot. Truly love the mobility of the HBT phone app. Do you realize the size of the wagon required to haul around a PC, power generator and internet satellite dish? :)

I think I'm nuttier than usual. To save some money I started giving my dog his haircut. He's a little dog and when his hair gets long it's thin and scraggly ( kind of like mine these days) so I keep his hair short, I keep mine short too.

I Took him to a popular dog groomer in the mainland, it was a little pricy but I was working so it was manageable.

I'm not working now and his haircut is twice the price as it was in California so I bought some electric clippers and cut his hair myself. Turned out pretty well. First cut a bit patchy but they got better over the weeks

Yesterday I found the electric clippers my wife uses to trim her dog 's butt area. Man with a capital M , those clippers are powerful ! Much better than the ones I've been using for my dog.

So I used my wife's crazy powerful clippers for my dog's haircut yesterday.

His new haircut is very, very, short and a bit patchy. After I finished I thought wow that was a disaster but I know his mind so I said. Wow Dasher! You look great ! You will be nice and cool. Looking good pup!

Guess what ? He bought it and is now prancing around happily with his new very short messed up haircut. :)

A few weeks he'll look fine and I'll be more careful cutting his fur , but for now he just feels happy, probably because he feels less heat and is cool.

Edit. Multiple editing to make this somewhat readable. :)

cool

Def need to use hair clippers for animals. I found that out by ruining my personal clippers on my dog haha.

I've only cut my dogs hair once, but I had to for the same reasons. Felt bad for her cuz it was so hot out and wanted to save some money. Took me four flipping hours tho!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402021878.383970.jpg
Before

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402021939.472514.jpg
After

Turned out pretty good. But I'd almost rather have spent the 50$ the groomer was gonna charge hahaha
Dd

Sent from myPhone

I like the phone browser, for the most part. I don't like I can't " like" a post or see likes. Other than that I think it's pretty good.

Got to edit , I do that a lot. Truly love the mobility of the HBT phone app. Do you realize the size of the wagon required to haul around a PC, power generator and internet satellite dish? :)

I have always used the browser on my phone. It was just like the PC. I am not seeing post count or location either. I still have the like option as always. Weird that you wouldn't. Must be some upgrade going on I guess...

Homebrew talk mobile style - help test

Look up this thread. Txbrew is taking suggestions for the mobile version

I'd link the thread but idk how on the app version

Sent from myPhone

Homebrew talk mobile style - help test

Look up this thread. Txbrew is taking suggestions for the mobile version

TxBrew is very responsive to your ideas on this. Here's the thread, let him know what you think: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f22/home-brew-talk-mobile-style-help-test-477783/

I do VERY little browsing on my phone, but I did look at the new site. Note that this is not the mobile app, but a cell-phone version of the web site. I think at the bottom of the main forum page there is a link to get back to the previous view of the site.

I have always used the browser on my phone. It was just like the PC. I am not seeing post count or location either. I still have the like option as always. Weird that you wouldn't. Must be some upgrade going on I guess...

I think we could be talking two different things. I'm not sure. I have the phone app but can (used to be able, haven't tried recently) switch to the browser mode and it looks just like you find on a PC or laptop. Just really small. To small for my eyes and fingers so I stick with the phone app when on a phone and the traditional HBT site on a big screen like laptop. Cheers!

Hey late niters, hope all is well. If you're like me, Thursday nights are exciting because you know the weekend starts tomorrow. Woot.

Here's one last chill tune for the weekdays. I listen to this song all the time. For your late nite soundtrack, Sneaker Pimps.

I fake my life like I've lived, Too much, I take whatever you're given, not enough
Overground, watch this space, I'm open to falling from grace

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey late niters, hope all is well. If you're like me, Thursday nights are exciting because you know the weekend starts tomorrow. Woot.

Here's one last chill tune for the weekdays. I listen to this song all the time. For your late nite soundtrack, Sneaker Pimps.

I fake my life like I've lived, Too much, I take whatever you're given, not enough

Overground, watch this space, I'm open to falling from grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eBZqmL8ehg

:)

I think we could be talking two different things. I'm not sure. I have the phone app but can (used to be able, haven't tried recently) switch to the browser mode and it looks just like you find on a PC or laptop. Just really small. To small for my eyes and fingers so I stick with the phone app when on a phone and the traditional HBT site on a big screen like laptop. Cheers!

If you use your phone browser, go to the HBT web site, then get to the forum, you'll find it looks a lot different than the desktop site now.

TxBrew is very responsive to your ideas on this. Here's the thread, let him know what you think: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f22/home-brew-talk-mobile-style-help-test-477783/

I do VERY little browsing on my phone, but I did look at the new site. Note that this is not the mobile app, but a cell-phone version of the web site. I think at the bottom of the main forum page there is a link to get back to the previous view of the site.

Yes there IS a link and everything is better now. Thank you. I suspected I may be looking at a mobile version but there was no indication.

Def need to use hair clippers for animals. I found that out by ruining my personal clippers on my dog haha.

I've only cut my dogs hair once, but I had to for the same reasons. Felt bad for her cuz it was so hot out and wanted to save some money. Took me four flipping hours tho!!!

View attachment 203914
Before

View attachment 203915
After

Turned out pretty good. But I'd almost rather have spent the 50$ the groomer was gonna charge hahaha
Dd

Sent from myPhone

You did well. Your pup looks great !

I must have forgotten my YouTube login and how to publish videos of my own here. Late in the day now and my phone's battery is at 7%. I got to go.

Happy Friday to you all. When I was stationed here in the navy we sometimes took Friday afternoons off , let our junior folks run things. It was good for them and we had a chance to play golf. I was in it for the beer and cigars. Haha. I suck at golf

Aloha Friday to you tomorrow. May your day be filled with happiness and peace. I wish the same for myself. - I'm a dreamer

Happy Friday Dan.

So, a button on the TV that makes the remote beep so you can find the f'n thing that the kids lose every single day. Does this exist or are we patenting this idea now and becoming millionaires?

How about under couch LED lighting so you don't have look for that flashlight that is probably laying right next to the lost remote under there?

Well hell, late nite crowd, if you're reading this, stop right now and find something more fruitful to do until Monday. Clean out gutters, iron your work shirts, clean the dryer vent, kiss your wife and see where there goes, play checkers with your kids.

OK, you're still here. That's not good. You probably have problems. Here's what I do when life gets me down. For your late night soundtrack, Da Vinci's Notebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it sounds weird, but after living 7 hours west of here for a couple years it took me a long time to fully adjust back to the time change. It didn't take long to get my sleeping habits rearranged, but mornings always sucked and I much preferred to stay up late. Now I'm finally digging the morning thing again. Just feels natural all of a sudden. I can tell you one thing though, I hate this time of day on HBT. :)

You should definitely go fishing with your BIL Dan. If I were you, I'd be first mate by now. If I had to scrape barnacles to earn my keep, so be it. I truly miss salt water fishing. And now you've got me craving sashimi again. MMMM....fresh ahi.

Nice fish story Subsailor. Glad it didn't end with a tiger shark. I've heard a few of those from people I've worked with from Guam. Sneaky little devils (the shaks that is :)) As a result, I'm a not a big fan of wading out on reefs and fishing. I'd rather swim with them than entice them with lunch.

Thank for reminding me PP. I do need to clean out my gutters.

Good morning BBL. It is quite here in the morning. I logged in to grab some brewing math. I am brewing an small (2.5 gallon batch) and hit a preboil of 1.092, way too high, so I needed to add water to get down to 1.065. HBT to the rescue. Found a thread with the formula and even a example for the math challenged (me).

Good morning BBL. It is quite here in the morning. I logged in to grab some brewing math. I am brewing an small (2.5 gallon batch) and hit a preboil of 1.092, way too high, so I needed to add water to get down to 1.065. HBT to the rescue. Found a thread with the formula and even a example for the math challenged (me).

I thought Labrats were great at math. It's cheese and crackers man. just drop the 1.0 and work with whole numbers. Just guessing here......

3.5 gal @ 1.092.........92*3.5 = 322 gravity points........322 / 65 = 4.95 gal........4.95 - 3.5 = 1.45 gallons of top off water. Result is 4.95 gallons @ 1.065. I guess now it's a 3.5 gallon batch. :)

I thought Labrats were great at math. It's cheese and crackers man. just drop the 1.0 and work with whole numbers. Just guessing here......

3.5 gal @ 1.092.........92*3.5 = 322 points........322 / 65 = 4.95 gal........4.95 - 3.5 = 1.45 gallons of top off water. Result is 4.95 gallons @ 1.065. I guess now it's a 3.5 gallon batch. :)

Yep, that is what I did. Checked with refractometer...math works :mug:

C1*V1 = C2*V2
The C's are concentration, the V is volume.

Rearrange it like this

V2 = ( C1V1 / C2 )
then

V2 = 92*2.5 / 65

= 3.53g​

Long day of work today. Super long week of work. My bro and I are busting our butts trying to get everything done that comes our way. It has been a very slow spring until the last few weeks. It is relieving to finally get some invoices out there.

I had my first arc flash experience today. I pinched a wire on only a 15A breaker against the panel and it arced bad. I hit the floor. Half my right hand was black (no burns) and my right eye caught a hell of a flash. The eye still doesn't feel quite right. If the guy that terminated that panel was there, I would have punched him right in the mouth. I recovered after a few minutes and proceeded to clean the panel up. I just cannot believe the mess some people make of electrical panels. I actually tried to kill the panel (I will trust my intuition next time) before I started working on it but it was not convenient.

What the hell, I'll throw in a song:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IhwpNTUGkAU[/ame]

Long day of work today. Super long week of work. My bro and I are busting our butts trying to get everything done that comes our way. It has been a very slow spring until the last few weeks. It is relieving to finally get some invoices out there.

I had my first arc flash experience today. I pinched a wire on only a 15A breaker against the panel and it arced bad. I hit the floor. Half my right hand was black (no burns) and my right eye caught a hell of a flash. The eye still doesn't feel quite right. If the guy that terminated that panel was there, I would have punched him right in the mouth. I recovered after a few minutes and proceeded to clean the panel up. I just cannot believe the mess some people make of electrical panels. I actually tried to kill the panel (I will trust my intuition next time) before I started working on it but it was not convenient.

What the hell, I'll throw in a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IhwpNTUGkAU

I liked that song.

Hopefully your invoices turn into checks quickly. I play the same game.

Just put a brisket on the smoker.

I liked that song.

Hopefully your invoices turn into checks quickly. I play the same game.

Just put a brisket on the smoker.

I really like Seven Mary Three. I only have two of their eight albums. I can vouch for American Standard and RockCrown.

I have been offering a small discount on invoices paid within 10 days. It usually works and really helps cash flow when we actually have work;)

My smoker is rusty and neglected. I do have a pork butt in the freezer from last years half. I only smoked a brisket once and it was OK. I will try again but it is a bit of an investment and you have to get some folks together. Best thing I ever smoked so far was a venison neck roast.

I performed once with Seven Mary Three. All of the guys were pretty open and warm. The singer is a recluse though. He just prefers to not be around people. I get that. The guy that was our vocalist was the same way sometimes. He had nights he would be Mr. Personality. Other nights he would only come out once the lights came on and then quickly retreat without wanting to see/talk to anyone. Was he some kind of butt hole because he was like that? No. I understand it. Sometimes you just want to get it over with. You can't feel like a rock star all of the time when you are only another guy.

Seven Mary Three is cool. And so is everyone in that band. They are really just everyday people like the rest of us.

Chadwick - Retired rock star turned super dad and educator

I performed once with Seven Mary Three. All of the guys were pretty open and warm. The singer is a recluse though. He just prefers to not be around people. I get that. The guy that was our vocalist was the same way sometimes. He had nights he would be Mr. Personality. Other nights he would only come out once the lights came on and then quickly retreat without wanting to see/talk to anyone. Was he some kind of butt hole because he was like that? No. I understand it. Sometimes you just want to get it over with. You can't feel like a rock star all of the time when you are only another guy.

Seven Mary Three is cool. And so is everyone in that band. They are really just everyday people like the rest of us.

Chadwick - Retired rock star turned super dad and educator

I have envy. Performing with 7M3 is pretty awesome. You must be a good musician.

Me and my buds did the band thing for many years. The only good vocalist we had was just like you describe. I have often thought that it takes that kind of personality to get a deep song (lyrically anyways).

I like your take on fame. I have always felt the same way. I respect talent but know that talented people are still just people.

In all my trips to Hong Kong, the jet lag was always worse coming back. I'd stay up nearly 24 hours straight before the flight there and would sleep most of the way over (the way they coddle you on Cathay Pacific certainly helped). Coming back always sucked for a few days.

But, I've no real excuse for being awake right now. Think I'll have another beer and call it a night.

In all my trips to Hong Kong, the jet lag was always worse coming back. I'd stay up nearly 24 hours straight before the flight there and would sleep most of the way over (the way they coddle you on Cathay Pacific certainly helped). Coming back always sucked for a few days.

But, I've no real excuse for being awake right now. Think I'll have another beer and call it a night.

I made the mistake of sleeping a few hours on the way back. Flight left at midnight Taiwan time, and landed the same day at 9 PM California time. If I'd stayed awake and powered through I'd be fine. Just crash hard when I arrive. But instead I found myself unable to sleep once I landed.

I'm going to be going to Asia a lot more often now, so I need to figure out my routine to handle it...

Sounds like a close call lschiavo. Glad you made it. I've had a couple near accidents doing my own wiring here at home. I knicked the insulation running a 20 amp breaker line as I pulled it into the box. Luckily, I had the main breaker off and wasn't touching the box when I flipped the main. It flashed, made a hell of a bang and scared the crap out of me. Took me a few minutes to muster up the courage to investigate and fix it. One other time, I was doing some work in the box and touched the side of one of my fingers to the main wire coming in the house (whoever installed it over stripped it). Didn't even know for a few seconds. I noticed my finger tingling slightly, looked up and about shat myself. I'm still not sure why I didn't get fried. Dangerous work. I have a lot of respect for electricians.

As for those of you that are traveling, I feel your pain. It's much easier to adjust going west than it is coming back east.

Back