The Mug I Made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf3456

Reaction score
It's made out of an old rusty 1/4" thick metal pipe that I cut and cleaned up and buffed. The handle is made from round rod that I cut and heated up and bent it then welded it. The bottom is a piece that i cut out and welded and it is leak proof. Then I painted it black. Of course I Do NOT drink out of it. I just made it in spare time for fun.

image-2119440468.jpg

jtf3456 said:
It's made out of an old rusty 1/4" thick metal pipe that I cut and cleaned up and buffed. The handle is made from round rod that I cut and heated up and bent it then welded it. The bottom is a piece that i cut out and welded and it is leak proof. Then I painted it black. Of course I Do NOT drink out of it. I just made it in spare time for fun.

Why make a cup and not drink from it?

It wasn't stainless or anything. It'd rust just from being in the atmosphere and the metal was not new and was no where near sanitary or food grade for sure. And it weighs about 7 or 8 pounds. If you would had seen the inside of it before it was painted, trust me, you wouldn't think twice about drinking out of it.

jtf3456 said:
It wasn't stainless or anything. It'd rust just from being in the atmosphere and the metal was not new and was no where near sanitary or food grade for sure. And it weighs about 7 or 8 pounds. If you would had seen the inside of it before it was painted, trust me, you wouldn't think twice about drinking out of it.

So I guess at 8#'s it's more of a drunkards weapon than a cup.

Stevo2569 said:
So I guess at 8#'s it's more of a drunkards weapon than a cup.

Yes, or possibly the next invention that will make billions. Something like, " The Workout Mug ". Gets you ripped while drinking beer and hanging out with friends in just 30 days. People would probably actually buy it, now adays any invention will sell. I love seeing all those absolutely ridiculous products.

Make an infomercial that airs at about 3am, sell them in pairs (you don't want one arm bigger than the other) For only 3 easy payments of 29.95. Operators are standing by. Call now, and for the next 10 minutes you will also receive a glow in the dark bottle opener absolutely FREE!

That's cool. How much can it hold?

BIGCUNN60 said:
Make an infomercial that airs at about 3am, sell them in pairs (you don't want one arm bigger than the other) For only 3 easy payments of 29.95. Operators are standing by. Call now, and for the next 10 minutes you will also receive a glow in the dark bottle opener absolutely FREE!

With some of the things you see on tv now, it'd fit right in.

Back