Smokey and the Bandit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So I watched Smokey and the Bandit, you know the Burt Reynolds movie. I saw it from start to finish for the first time in my life. Previously I had no idea what he was hauling in the truck that was so illegal enough that he would need to speed along in the grand am ahead of the truck.

Guess what it was, Coors Beer. Aparently in the 70's it was illegal to bring coors east of the mississippi river, you would be considered a bootlegger. Anyway I had not realized this and thought I would share the hilarity with everyone.

Donasay said:
So I watched Smokey and the Bandit, you know the Burt Reynolds movie. I saw it from start to finish for the first time in my life. Previously I had no idea what he was hauling in the truck that was so illegal enough that he would need to speed along in the grand am ahead of the truck.

Guess what it was, Coors Beer. Aparently in the 70's it was illegal to bring coors east of the mississippi river, you would be considered a bootlegger. Anyway I had not realized this and thought I would share the hilarity with everyone.
There is a little liquor store in Hugo Colorado that once was the #1 seller of Coors. All of this because it was...at one time...the last chance to get Coors before you hit Oklahoma on 287.
When I was a little kid (born in 78) I remember taking Coors back to the family in Ohio. If you were old enough to walk...you were old enough to carry a 12 pack.

(shaking head....)

You haven't seen Smokey and the Bandit until NOW?

For penance, you have to watch Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 - and NO, YOU CANNOT FAST FORWARD THROUGH IT!

I recall my Dad bringing Coors back to Oregon from biz trips in the 70's. They couldn't sell it in our state(and others) because it wasn't pasteurized.

No, bird, he has to get the "Pursuit Pack" DVD and watch ALL THREE OF THEM along with the not so special features!

Man card revoked until you've paid the penance.

Let me guess, you've never seen Bullitt, either...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had seen smokey and the bandit on TV, channel 9 shows it all the time, practically every other sunday, a 90 minute movie that takes 3 hours to get through because of all the commercials.

I myself am a bit to young to know anything about Burt Reynolds and Smokey and the Bandit, it was before my time, and till recently I thought it was just another ****ty movie they put on tv when nothing else is on. So I did watch it all the way through for the first time recently, but have no plans of watching the others.

On a side note, have you people of the generation before me had this conversation with the generation before you at some point in your 20's...

What do you mean you haven't seen all quiet on the western front (1930) until NOW...
I am revoking your man card until you see that movie, and as penance you must not watch it in Technicolor.

Yuri_Rage said:
No, bird, he has to get the "Pursuit Pack" DVD and watch ALL THREE OF THEM along with the not so special features!

Man card revoked until you've paid the penance.

Let me guess, you've never seen Bullitt, either...

What does evaluating the crush have to do with anything.

BTW: This is the latest spoiler since... I don't know?????

It was all a dream. Dorothy was dreaming and now appreciates her family.

BigKahuna said:
There is a little liquor store in Hugo Colorado that once was the #1 seller of Coors. All of this because it was...at one time...the last chance to get Coors before you hit Oklahoma on 287.
When I was a little kid (born in 78) I remember taking Coors back to the family in Ohio. If you were old enough to walk...you were old enough to carry a 12 pack.

OMG You were born a year after I graduated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for making me feel old.

Back