What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water + oats. Killing my back today. Summer is around the corner.

Woo!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392912403.965670.jpg

Drinking water while loving this weather. Woke up to pouring rain, now its sleeting/snowing with thunder and lightning plus 40 MPH wind. I know Kansas weather is known to be temperamental, but this is new to me.

Coffee.

Just found out the new LHBS a few blocks away from my apt is opening next week. Planning the hop schedule for an IPA to use up some open/old hops in the freezer. A little Chinook for bittering, then hop bursting with Centennial and Cascade. With that alone, my BU/OG ratio is looking pretty good, but I'm wondering if I should throw in some late Simcoe or Columbus too. Thoughts/advice from anyone?

I like to bitter and dry hop with Columbus. Simcoe is always good with all of those hops too. I would use some of all of them in the boil and dryhop. I'm a hop junkie though.

Washing my arroz con huevo down with some Gatorade. Stomach is better today.

I like to bitter and dry hop with Columbus. Simcoe is always good with all of those hops too. I would use some of all of them in the boil and dryhop. I'm a hop junkie though.

Washing my arroz con huevo down with some Gatorade. Stomach is better today.

Yea, the Simcoe is calling my name, but the Columbus is open. Might throw some in at flameout and add some to dry hop.

Thats why I brought in my own french press and coffee. Cheaper than $3/wk and much much better. All you need is access to hot water or a microwave.

That's all I have at home, I love pressed coffee. A couple of guys I work with used to have french press travel mugs. That's baller....

Drinking coca cola with lunch.
Just passed this sign a few minutes ago in front of a pool supply store. Not exactly sure what they're going for here... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392917788.561821.jpg

Tea, mint tea.

Sitting with 12 beers under my desk and I can't drink them! Can't wait to get home and try these.

Team USA. :( FJR*)U$*)#$U$*#U#$()U)#$*Y$($)*$ Congrats to my friend Julie Chu on an outstanding career as an Olympian for Team USA. She never won the gold. $*(#)%$*$U(#RU)#$*$#*R#$!

Damnit.

Afternoon Coff. Contemplating working from home tomorrow so I can drink and watch the men play Canada tomorrow in one of the Semis.

Yea, that was a tough ending. Streamed the OT live while 'working'.

Feel like taking a nap after a great bbq lunch. Washing it down with water for now, but will need coffee sometime this afternoon.

Afternoon coffee...

Question for the masses if i may- i had something come up i have to do tommorow after work and i wanted to start brewing right after work tomrowow. Has anyone mashed and sparged the night before, left the unboiled wort in the kettle and boiled it 24 hours later?

Can't help you there. But I am brewing with my fresh, new mash tun either tomorrow or Saturday. :D

On to my second cup of afternoon Coff.

Afternoon coffee...

Question for the masses if i may- i had something come up i have to do tommorow after work and i wanted to start brewing right after work tomrowow. Has anyone mashed and sparged the night before, left the unboiled wort in the kettle and boiled it 24 hours later?

I'm thinking that's a good way to get soured wort

Afternoon coffee...

I've never done it, but Google - Overnight Mashing - there are a handful of threads that talk mainly about mashing overnight, sparge & boil the next day.

water at work...

Afternoon coffee...

I haven't done it, but can't really see what issue would arise (provided you cover it.)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392931725.897782.jpg
My first ten fidy. It's a good everyday stout. I'm currently going over some old beer recipes I found while organizing my equipment. They are extract with specialty grains so I'm thinking of re brewing them in an all grain version!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392932374.647100.jpg
Wobriens RIS. This is fantastic. Smooth, creamy, not bitter at all. At 9.5 you'd expect some boozey flavor, but there isn't. Awesome job!

mcchouffe.jpg

Having only tried there Christmas brew I decided to try some other varieties of theirs. I am enjoying the malty flavors along with the pronounced spices.
Should go well with the BBQ ribs i picked up from the local butcher.

Back