How many people have actuallytasted...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volvodude

Reaction score
wet cardboard? That is always the description given for the taste of oxidized beer, but it got me thinking about how many people have actually tasted said item. I for one have not.

Since it was the simplest way to learn how to recognize oxidation, I have. I also know exactly what skunked beer smells like, had a refresher just last night.

I think what is meant is that the beer TASTES like what wet cardboard SMELLS like, when I was a kid I had to take some nasty cough syrup, it tasted like what burnt wires smell like. I could be off on this thought though. in fact I am probably flat wrong on this. :confused:

Drink a Fat Tire and you'll taste the "Wet cardboard"! It's like licking a dust rag just after you wiped down your ceiling fan...

Now I need to crack a homebrew just to get the thought of that taste out!

Cheers!

Seems to me that the ancients were oxidizing beer long before cardboard was ever invented. It should be the other way around: wet cardboard tastes like oxidized beer.

Back