Asia Travel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone here done any traveling in Asia?

Where did you go and how was it?

The Navy has sent me to Korea, Japan, and Singapore. Out of the three, I really liked Singapore the best. The dollar goes a long way there, and there is tons of stuff to do, besides the stuff that your normal single sailor would do. I'm married, so I had to stay out of trouble.

What I saw of Japan was decent too, but way more expensive.

While in the Navy I went to the PI (of course) Hong Kong and Singapore and had a blast in all 3. I did my fair share of 20something Navy crap but also did a lot of actual sight seeing including many areas most people dont go to.

One thing you have to remember about traveling to 3rd world areas is they are all dirty, smell of rotten bananas, chuck full of damn near midgets, and you will be able to communicate with NO ONE, so learn a few key phrases like Beer Please, Food Please and Bathroom Please . . . and be polite because they really dont HAVE to give you a beer, something to eat or any place to ****

OH YEAH . . . if you "go off the beaten path" bring TP

Back