I love Freshops.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroosBrewz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, this place is cheap.... I just ordered 18 oz of hops for $28 including shipping... If I were to buy these same hops at the LHBS, it would have cost me $63... I got 4 oz Cascades, 2oz Goldings, 2 Mt Hood, 2 Nugget, 2 Williamette, 4 Centennial, and 2 Northern Brewer.. Thats a lot of hops for $28..

True, the selection isn't fantastic and you have to order a minimum of 2 oz for each variety and an overall order of 12 oz, but they have all the west coast "C" hops for pale ales.....If you are in the market for some hops, I would check it out..

And no, I dont work for them:rockin:

Right with you with ordering online from reputable places. Saves a bundle. It took 1 hops purchase from the local spot and I switched to online too.

Dude, living in Colfax you should be able to drive out to the Yakima valley and get all the hops you need! You're not far from the Idaho hop fields as well.

Freshops has a lot of varieties that Hopsdirect doesn't (Notably for me: Simcoe).

However, Hopsdirect's prices simply cannot be beat! Only downside is that you have to buy at least a pound of each variety.

Dude, living in Colfax you should be able to drive out to the Yakima valley and get all the hops you need! You're not far from the Idaho hop fields as well.

Freshops has a lot of varieties that Hopsdirect doesn't (Notably for me: Simcoe).

However, Hopsdirect's prices simply cannot be beat! Only downside is that you have to buy at least a pound of each variety.

Hey Alex,
I was born and raised in Yakima and my family is still there.. In 2001-2004 I worked for Washington State as a Hop Inspection Supervisor in Yakima.. I went out to all the growers and sampled their "lots" or "bales" for moisture and seed content.. as result I literally had pounds and pounds of hops.. I cant prove it, but I am 99.9% sure that I was the first homebrewer ever to use Warrior hops.. I managed to get some back in 2001 when it was still a numbered, as yet unreleased variety... Man, at todays hop prices I really wish I was still doing that! Of course it's not as easy as it sounds to just go get some hops from the fields.. Sure there are hundreds of acres of hop fields but how do you know which field is what? LOL...

I was just over in your neck of the woods applying for a horticulture professor job at South Puget Sound community College.. Olympia is a cool area..

GroosBrewz, do you teach down in Colfax?

and +1 on trying to get hops from anyone in Yakima, I was down there Yesterday, bales everywhere but not a bit of it for sale to the public....

GroosBrewz, do you teach down in Colfax?

and +1 on trying to get hops from anyone in Yakima, I was down there Yesterday, bales everywhere but not a bit of it for sale to the public....

Hey Cheeto,

Naw, I am just now finishing up my Masters Degree at WSU.. My wife and I plan on staying in the area after graduation.. We really like it here... these rolling hills of wheat are starting to grow on us.. We live out towards the fairgrounds just outside of Colfax... Being in Spokane, do you shop at Jims homebrew.

Hey Cheeto,

Naw, I am just now finishing up my Masters Degree at WSU.. My wife and I plan on staying in the area after graduation.. We really like it here... these rolling hills of wheat are starting to grow on us.. We live out towards the fairgrounds just outside of Colfax... Being in Spokane, do you shop at Jims homebrew.

Honestly, I try not too!

They are a bit condescending, and don't like anyone's opinion that may question what they tell their customers.

I buy from both and just got 3 Lbs of hops from Hopsdirect. Man you just can't beat the service these retailers give. A pleasure to do business with.

Going down to Yakima this week to get some hops.

Hey Cheeto, I'm in for the brewday and a homebrewer friend may come, but not brew. I'm planning on doing my first 10 gallon batch and my first AG batch(Brew in a Bag). :) If I can get a keggle in time, that is.

Going down to Yakima this week to get some hops.

Hey Cheeto, I'm in for the brewday and a homebrewer friend may come, but not brew. I'm planning on doing my first 10 gallon batch and my first AG batch(Brew in a Bag). :) If I can get a keggle in time, that is.

Where are you going to buy them at in Yakima? As far as I know none of the farmers sell them in small amounts to homebrewers like us, though Hopunion may sell them at their pellet factory...

I may in be for a brewday as well.. Could be fun.. And I would bring another brewer friend of mine as well.

EDIT- The smallest amount you can get at Hopunion is 13lbs..

Back