Asheville, NC happenings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmasters Warehouse

Reaction score
I am headed to Asheville this coming weekend for a little quiet time with the SWMBO. There seems to be a metric ton of beer related places to go in Asheville. I was wondering if any local HBTers can point me to the top places to go for brewing tours, brew pubs, and best beer package stores.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

My first stop is always Jack of the Wood. They are an Irish Pub and microbrew. No tours, but damn good brew and grub. Right across the street in the purple building is the Thirsty Monk, a bar with all Belgian brews. Slurpy good!

For specialty brew purchasing, try Bruisin' Ales, which is a few blocks from the Jack of the Wood. It is a beer store with all kinds of goodies.

All of those places are right downtown, in walking distance of each other. I'm sure others can point out places for tours and whatnot, too.

My first stop is always Jack of the Wood. They are an Irish Pub and microbrew. No tours, but damn good brew and grub. Right across the street in the purple building is the Thirsty Monk, a bar with all Belgian brews. Slurpy good!

For specialty brew purchasing, try Bruisin' Ales, which is a few blocks from the Jack of the Wood. It is a beer store with all kinds of goodies.

All of those places are right downtown, in walking distance of each other. I'm sure others can point out places for tours and whatnot, too.

Thank you very much. I will definitely hit those up. I am looking forward to a nice long weekend filled with beer.

+1 for Jack of the Wood. Upstairs is a restraunt called the laughing seed (the pub shares the kitchen). Best veggie burger I've ever had and they also have sweet potato fries that have jalepenos and onions in them. Fantastic. Pisgah brewing is one of my favorite brews up there, although I've never gone to the brewery. I really like their Pale Ale. Greenlife grocery has a pretty good beer selection and you can get 1/2 gallon growlers of some local brews there. Another favorite place is Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company. Very ecclectic place with great pizza, micro brewery and also has a small theater that plays current movies. Pizza and beer shure does beat popcorn and soda at the movies.

I gotta put in my vote for Pisgah. The brewer I talked to when I was there was great. Loved talking to homebrewers and gave us as many samples as we wanted. And the beer was fantastic!

So how was Asheville? My lady and I are going there this weekend and I need to pick a couple beer-related things to do. I was thinking Barley's plus a tour of one brewery or another.

Oops. Looks like I overlooked the original date of this thread.

Well, for anyone that's interested, that beer-fest is still going on this weekend.

I have some friends up there that are going. I think they work at the chocolate fettish? or something like that. they always send me chocolate turtles and growlers of Wedge :mug:

Back