Beer line and faucet cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruhaha

Reaction score
I have been following a thread and ordered a submersible pump and ball lock carbonator to mount on the pump (ball lock liquid QD fits right on the carbonator) to run BLC thru my 3 tap system, one tap at a time. This method will force beer the same direction as it normally flows thru the tap, then a return hose from the tap goes back in the cleaner filled bucket for recirc.

Another method would be to force beer backwards thru the open tap thru the beer lines thru the liquid out QD that has been disassembled. The disassembled QD returns the cleaner into the bucket for recirculation. I think either method would work fine.

Question: I have Perlick 650SS flow control taps. Will either of these methods clean these faucets well enough with 15 minutes of recirc that I won't need to break the faucets down to component level? Doing so would almost defeat the purpose of designing the recirc system as I see it. Thanks!

Personally, I have a two tap setup for over a year now and I have never broken the faucet down to component level and you do more than me. I just put star san and water in my keg..shake it up and hit it with some CO2 for pressure and open the faucet for the solution to drain in a bucket every...two or three beers i do this. Or every time after something dark.

Personally, I have a two tap setup for over a year now and I have never broken the faucet down to component level and you do more than me. I just put star san and water in my keg..shake it up and hit it with some CO2 for pressure and open the faucet for the solution to drain in a bucket every...two or three beers i do this. Or every time after something dark.

I bought new Perlick 650s several months ago and they seem to stay cleaner than the old style taps I used with the piston that slides in the body when dispensing. Haven't broken these Perlick down yet, and may not unless otherwise suggested.

Nice man, I just have the kegco taps good price point and no complaints so far. The only time I broke mine down is when I switched it from one faucet to two and after looking at it...it didn't really seem to be very dirty or necessary to break them down on a regular basis.

Nice man, I just have the kegco taps good price point and no complaints so far. The only time I broke mine down is when I switched it from one faucet to two and after looking at it...it didn't really seem to be very dirty or necessary to break them down on a regular basis.

When you see black funky crud in your pints, time to break them down for a deep cleaning. Seems to vary from beer to beer which some funk up quicker than others.

I've never broken mine down. Just a quick beer line clean and a little star san up the taps every so often and you're good to go. Probably more than most bars and restaurants do.

Darn right. I bet we'd barf if we stuck a paper towel up the nozzle of a tap in some of the bars we have visited.

Yeah I guess since I prefer and brew mostly light beers maybe thats why I am getting more "shelf life" on my taps before seeing they need broken down.

yeah I don't even want to think about what they do at the bars...if anything.

Back