Fruit Beer Princess Peach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alazar

Reaction score
Peach triple
Recipe for ~5.25 gal hit~ 1.090
3 lbs pilsen dme
3.3lbs briess sparkling amber lme
3.3 lbs briess golden lite lme
2 lbs light candy sugar
1 lb weyerman Abbey 16-19°
8 oz maltodextrin
4 oz aromatic
3 lb can Oregon fruit products peach puree added to secondary

1.5 oz east Kent goldings 4.9%aa 60 min
.5 oz Kent 5 min

Irish moss gypsum and yeast nutrient

Abby ale wlp530

I've brewed this twice and love it very much. When it's young the peach is nice and present in the nose and taste. it fades with a few months and transforms over time. Use a blow off tube or a larger bucket for primary it is a monster the first few days. At 9+% it is light in body and easy to drink yikes!

I went 3 weeks maybe a little over till it finished and fell clear . No secondary, just put the peach puree in with top off water after it cools. I don't normally do a secondary, just used ice bottles around the primary to crash it clear after it was done and transfer carefully to bottling bucket.

Oh I had instructions for secondary ! I used secondary the first time I made this I believe it was 1 week primary 2 weeks secondary. Sorry, it's been about 8 years since I made it. Just found an old chicken scratch recipe book while moving and had to post it. My brew days are much more scientifically written down now I swear !

Back