First Batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpb3

Reaction score
I just wanted to tell someone (and who better to tell than all the fine folks in this room) that my first batch of beer is bottled, as of fifteen minutes ago. I was pleased, that it smelled like I'd hoped. Of course taste is another matter. Now the wait begins but the hard part is over--already thinking about my next batch--an Oktoberfest perhaps? Cheers, JPB

:ban:

Again, that banana makes me laugh.

Congrats as well! :mug:

How long did it take you? I bottled my first batch on Saturday and my second on Monday, and the me/SWMBO team definitely were cooking the second time around. I think it took maybe half an hour for the bottling itself (I had heard upwards of 3 hours for the inexperienced). Of course we cheated and had half a dozen 1 liter flip-tops, but still :)

The bottling--from time I started sanitizing--until I bottles were put away to carbonate and the kitchen was cleaned--about two hours. It was a solo mission, and I learned a thing or two, but needless to say, I am excited. I came out with 46 bottles total, which I think is pretty good. I had heard that the average is about fifty. The only major mistake I almost made was nearly forgetting to put in the corn sugar. That would have been disappointing. The day of brewing, a few weeks back, took the afternoon, but enjoyed it.

:ban:

Cheers.

Ah, a fair and true reply. I'll let you know how wide the brew gods' smiles are when I open the first bottle next week. Cheers

Latest posts

Back