Hello from San Jose, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotTrailerBrew

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm new to home brewing and just joined HBT. My first batch was a HoeGaarden clone which came out rather bitter, probably because I didn't follow the recipe set out for me by the local brew shop. But I just bottled my second batch, a summer ale, and I have higher hopes for this batch. Should be worried at all; as i was bottling i had a little taste and it was a little watery. What are your thoughts?

Guy

Welcome.

Glad to have you brewing!

I'd say you should give your beer a chance to grow up before you go and call it watery. Post back in about 2 or 3 weeks about how good it is. :D

Again...Welcome, Look forward to seeing you around.

Carbonation improves the mouthfeel.

Make a trip up to the Oak Barrel in Berkeley, some great people there.

Hi Guy,

I'm in San Jose too. Just kegged my first (after a 12 year hiatus), a porter and will be doing a wheat - probably tomorrow.

This is a great group and have been very helpful to me. Welcome!

Stuart

Welcome! It seems there's lots of brewers in the bay area! As far as your beer goes, I would take Kahuna's advice and give it a couple weeks before you pass judgement.

Back