heineken bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roesso

Reaction score
can i use heineken bottles to put my home brew in the ones that i have are the 1 pint bottles

roesso

If you keep the green bottles in boxes, out of the light you are fine. I have some green bottles floating around, but prefer brown. The cap issue mentioned above though might be troublesome if it happens with the 16 oz. What I would do is just check beforehand if your capper works ok with the bigger bottles. At any rate bigger bottles are really nice imo.

Got a couple of grolsh green bottles but I keep em out of the direct light. Just cause they were in the rubbermaid when I was washing and didn't feel like throwing em out.

They are fine just keep them out of the light. My bench capper handles these just fine. I have several of the 22oz and work fine.

Brew-boy said:
They are fine just keep them out of the light. My bench capper handles these just fine. I have several of the 22oz and work fine.

I have several of the 22oz and they work fine with my butterfly capper. I'm more likely to use these as 'give aways' when I go to a party. ;)

What is wrong with green Heineken bottles ? I just used them for a batch and all seems to be well.

I use to have trouble capping them with an emily capper (the red one), even broke a few. But now that I have a bench capper I can cap anything.

Back