Mini Fridge Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnoob1

Reaction score
So, I just bought my first kegging setup, 2 corney kegs, 5# CO2, and the lines for beverage and gas. I don't have the space for a full blown kegerator right now. If I was going to stick with the picnic taps and just open up the fridge each time I want to pour from the kegs, would all I need to do is drill 1 hole for the gas line (Save the room for the 2 kegs to keep the CO2 outside of the fridge). Anything special you guys see that I would need to do? There a mini fridge that is reasonable priced that could hold 2 corneys that ya'll would recommend me look into? This is only temporary until I get into a new house with more space. It would beat the alternative of just leaving the kegs either in the garage in the 60's, or outside with temp swings from the 30s to the 60s

Before I built the kegerator and coffin box, I just slipped the keg into the fridge with the picnic tap. Every now and then while the door was open, I would give the keg a shot of CO2.

I haven't seen anyone else do this but it certainly worked fine for me and was really easy. In case I ever decided to stop making beer (ya, right!) I could put all the parts back in and get rid of the mini fridge.

I didn't. Full-blown kegerator now.

Brent

I was thinking of just drilling a CO2 line through the side of the fridge to keep it hooked up to the CO2. I was just wondering if there was anything else to consider and a good mini fridge people recommended for this temporary keg fix :)

Latest posts

Back