Adding Hops After 5 Days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyko

Reaction score
:confused:

I did a search & it didn't waylay all my fears! I even looked at some stickies! I'm on my 2nd batch so you'll have to forgive me, even Palmer is telling me he did it.

I picked up a kit from my LHBS and the instructions say to add these special hops into the primary fermenter after 5 days?

After all the stuff I've read on here about infections & pasteurization, I'm having trouble believing this...........................................

Am I worrying for nothing? Should I just follow the instructions & shut up? Is the owner of the LHBS just a stoner? :fro: RDWHAHB!?

Help.

Are you concerned about infection from the hops? Don't be. Hops were added to beer, I'm part, because they had antibacterial properties. Every dry hopped beer has hops added post fermentation.

One thing, 5 days may be too soon. You don't want to dry hop until active fermentation is over. Take gravity readings to be sure.

FANTASTIC!

You boyz are FAST!

Dry Hopping is the key term. Sure there are all kinds of posts about that!

Thank you. :rockin:

Back