my big fat mouth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khyber

Reaction score
The place where my buddy and I brew is his at business.. its a nice used car lot and mechanic shop. We have plenty of room and a good kitchen to use, .. and anyhow.. we are on our second brew.. and the boss says 'hey.. if i get you a keg.. can you make a keg of something for the Christmas party?

I say "SURE"... and bear in mind.. i have yet to keg anything.. and don't have a keg yet. But.. its likely..

Any advice?

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.. i am thinking that I'll do a light LME brew with some simple wheat grains and some mild hops... and try to figure out the whole 'kegging' thing.

The "Keg" is just one of several pieces of the kegging system. CO2 tank, regulator, ball lock (or pin lock) connectors, ball lock (or pin lock) taps, hoses, and a way to cold crash the keg plus a way to hold the correct serving temp. at the proper PSI.

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it... :)

ok.. well.. i'll let them know.. i take it there's a kegging faq somewhere in the noob section? i gotta get to reading.

cant you remome and instal the snap ring on a sankey by hand? cant you also use priming sugar in the keg to carb it? if he has the keggerator and keg i could see this working out pretty well. unless he dosnt like good/great beer.

cant you remome and instal the snap ring on a sankey by hand? cant you also use priming sugar in the keg to carb it? if he has the keggerator and keg i could see this working out pretty well. unless he dosnt like good/great beer.

absolutely it can be done. But, i envisioned him thinking, "sure i can brew up 5 gallons for the party" and then getting a keg that makes for 3 times more work and expense than he expected. the comedy of the thought made me laugh.:D

Back