What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barely could fit the steak on the Weber grill... Oh my god, the taste was so amazng.

11225470_10153628728882697_9007461591494660955_o.jpg

I hate you... now I have to mop up the drool off of my floor.

I hate you... now I have to mop up the drool off of my floor.

Don't hate me, man! For most of my life, when I wanted a ribeye I needed to make an excuse to my boss to let me travel to Germany. This week was the first time that I've ever seen ribeyes in Finnish supermarkets. The reason is that 99% of the cows raised here are milk cows, so the rib muscles are so small that they normally chop them up and sell it as soup meat (I know, it's still a crime, but they do it). Apparently, somebody here has started raising Hereford bulls now. Never thought I would live to see that day.

Flatbread pizzas after watching fireworks last night. One was margharita and the other was a bacon and blue cheese with some sauteed onions and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Holy crap was that one good.

Got back into town yesterday afternoon, so I had pizza last night, too - a frozen one.

20150528_180356.jpg

Ok podz, i'm afraid i am going to have to nominate you for the next season of "grillikuume" :p

ps. for you non-finnish, "grill-fever" is what fins decided "the great brittish bake-off" should have been by including grills and meat...

Claussens are the best in my book,but only Tony Packo's Pickles and Peppers for my peanut butter sammiches.

Yes, only Tony Packo's Pickles an Peppers are suitable,will do,are good enough to put on the slice of bread ,spread with peanut butter and topped with another slice of bread which I like to call a sandwich. I like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.Next time I'll type slower so you can keep up. I do have a goatee ,and I did wear glasses with heavy black plastic frames,but they were 1970 army issue so I could be a hipster except when I started eating said sandwiches there were no hipsters.Or hippies.They were called beatniks then.Of course I am a monster.:mug:

Ok podz, i'm afraid i am going to have to nominate you for the next season of "grillikuume" :p

ps. for you non-finnish, "grill-fever" is what fins decided "the great brittish bake-off" should have been by including grills and meat...

Two of my friends were competitors in the series this season. One of them came in second place. I don't cook to compete; I cook to eat!

I have no pictures. I made pot stickers, cocktail meatballs, scallion pancakes, crab cakes, and pasta with white clam sauce.

Sounds tasty! I'm curious about these scallion pancakes, I've seen some Asian recipes for similar things; was this an Asian style?
Regards, GF.

Wife grilled some chicken breasts last night. Nothign unusual except she used some "Belgian White" seasoning from McCormick. Supposed to be like the seasonings you'd have in a Witbier.

It was actually REALLY good!

I'm not sure it would go well on anything but fowl, though.

This past weekend I tried a new (well, new to me) recipe; Bourbon brined, hickory smoked, double thick pork chops. I started with Steven Raichlen's recipe:
http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=209&EpisodeID=25
I ended up tweaking it a wee bit out of necessity & it turned out quite tasty. I also grilled up some corn on the cob, zucchini and portobello mushrooms. It was my 1st time grilling zucchini & I followed Raichlen's instructions, apparently my fire was a bit too hot. Sorry about the lighting on some of these pics, by the time I shot them, the number of beers consumed had crossed over to the term "many." Here are shots of each on the grill & the plated food; and one of the beers DrunkleJon sent me, thanks again Jon!
Regards, GF. :mug:

smokechop2a.jpg

smokechops1a.jpg

corn1a.jpg

portabello1a.jpg

zukes1a.jpg

adroittheory1a.jpg

I am thinking that this weekend might be high time for some smoked goose breasts!

Wanting to get back into the cooking game this weekend too. Kabobs tomorrow and Dak Galbi on Sunday, assuming I can find what I need at the oriental market.

Well, the pork chops last night were just great, but what really blew me away was the asparagus! I grill it all them time, but never this much at once and whatever I did last night it just turned out just perfect. This veggie has gone from hated in my youth to my favorite side for steaks and chops!!

Asparagus.jpg

Well, the pork chops last night were just great, but what really blew me away was the asparagus! I grill it all them time, but never this much at once and whatever I did last night it just turned out just perfect. This veggie has gone from hated in my youth to my favorite side for steaks and chops!!

Looks great.

Olive oil and bacon bits (or diced prosciutto) on mine. My family will eat ANY quantity of asparagus I grill like that.

Looks like you lost an asparagus. Pour little guy will not make your pee stink. RIP :D

Only about 25% of people have the gene that allows them to smell it, anyway.

That explains that...

Nothing on schedule this weekend, but a friend of mine called me to ask what kind of meat I smoked for pulled pork, what rub, etc.

They are having visitors and want to make Pulled Pork in the crock pot.

So I guess I'm cooking by proxy, kind of.

That explains that...

Nothing on schedule this weekend, but a friend of mine called me to ask what kind of meat I smoked for pulled pork, what rub, etc.

They are having visitors and want to make Pulled Pork in the crock pot.

So I guess I'm cooking by proxy, kind of.

I vote pork.

Well I just foraged about five lbs. of chanterelles and black trumpets.I guess something good came out of forty days and forty nights of rain.Going to do do fettuccine ,with black trumpets ,cream,shallots and parmesan. Tomorrow gotta go back out because there are a metric $hit ton of them out there .Gonna get all I can.:ban:

Right now, I'm making a low carb/sugar-free/gluten-free zucchini cake with yard-grown zucchini; later, gonna use the other three that are in the crisper drawer to make a zuke/pepperjack/sausage casserole. Gotta stay ahead of the little buggers if I can!

Also gonna make some bread & butter fresh pickles with yard-grown cukes.

Back