It Was Time to Retire "The Fellas"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You may recall my initial DIY drop trays.
Kegger2.JPG

Well, when I came across this, it was a no-brainer. $15 at barproducts.com.

DripTray_New1.jpg

DripTray_New2.jpg
Also picked one up for the keezer in the brew shop. Just need some L brackets to attach.

yeah, the $15 barproducts tray was a definite upgrade from the ol' "folded rag" that preceded it. :D

what kinda faucets are those?

BierMuncher said:
CHeap @ss SS from Micromatic.com.

They work well enough for now and as much use as they get, they don't normally stick.

I hear ya. You got the same ones in your keezer? I'm lovin' these ventmatics I got for almost nothing off ebay. I bought those before I bought anything else. That feeling they make when they seal is just say satisfying.

Interesting site BierMuncher. You need to get one of these puppies and bring it to the HBT Meet in O'Fallon next time. It's on sale for $32. (just be sure to fill it first).

XLpitcher.jpg

I kinda like the old ones better. Maybe some closeup pics would change my mind but that monster drip tray is too much IMO. Then again for $15, who the hell cares!?. :mug:

BierMuncher said:
CHeap @ss SS from Micromatic.com.

They work well enough for now and as much use as they get, they don't normally stick.
ok good so someone else faucets stick all the time to. What the hell can you do to stop that?

z987k said:
ok good so someone else faucets stick all the time to. What the hell can you do to stop that?

Drink more. They won't stick if you use them more often...

:cross:

Otherwise, forward sealing faucets are the way to go.

:mug:

BierMuncher said:
Well, when I came across this, it was a no-brainer. $15 at barproducts.com.

That's the same one I've got. I wish it were a bit narrower, but at that price I'm not complaining.

I really wanted the one with the curved cutout to fit around the tower, but I wasn't about to spend more on the drip tray than I did on the Sanyo!

9557-Kegerator2.jpg

just picked up one, as well as a snazzy cap catcher to replace the coffee cup I had screwed in place..

rh348877 said:
I thought the DIY drip trays that you made were pretty cool and unique
They worked great for the year I used them. But for $15, I just needed a change.

Plus, when I'm filling multiple glasses form company, it's easier to set the glasses aside after filling.

miatawnt2b said:
could someone tell me if these drip trays just sit there or do they mount somehow? Also, do they have a drain?

-J
Which ones, the long rectangulars?

They just sit there. No drain either. I have no need for a drain and want to be able to remove easily and clean.

I leave my freshly filled glasses sit for a few seconds after pouring so there's rarely any drippage.

miatawnt2b said:
could someone tell me if these drip trays just sit there or do they mount somehow? Also, do they have a drain?

-J

As BM says, no, there's no drain or mounting hardware. However, since you're only paying $15, the metalcrafting isn't the best in the world. When I got mine, it wobbled a little bit because the bottom wasn't exactly flat---so I just put some little sticky felt feet on it. Now it's fine.

Biermuncher do you have plans for that tower you built? I love the look of it and im sure it had to be cheaper then a SS one.

Latest posts

Back