What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really crappy coffee trying to wake up and shake the sore out of my body from yesteray's 13hour brew session. It was totally worth it though. Tucked away and rotting proper is 10 gallons of a 1.095og Imperial Porter that will get some coffee, vanilla, and Sailor Jerry's, and 10 gallons of a 1.060og triple decocted Oktoberfest that is fermenting with Alt yeast for the sake of speed.

Was dancing with the green fairy this past weekend... $65 a bottle and this stuff will mess you up!

lucid.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Just water wishing it was beer.

The Jester King Funk and sour fest tickets where you get the 2 bottles sold out in 2 minutes. I'm happy I was able to get one. Crazy!

I'm definitely jealous. :D
One of these days I'll make it out to JK.

Swung by my new place today to drop off some stuff, first time there since we got back. The garage I had filled with cellar beer, homebrew kegs, equipment, random beer, etc. Was broken into. They took my 4 wheeler, They took my 3 boilermakers, my blichman burners, a ton of tools, and countless cases of beer, a 2 tap dorm fridge convert, basically they filled a pickup truck with my ****.

I'm drinking whiskey, neat, pint.

I'm shaking I'm so pissed, take my **** fine, but that's 6 years of collecting and cellering and having the patience to not drink, some really awesome beers.

Swung by my new place today to drop off some stuff, first time there since we got back. The garage I had filled with cellar beer, homebrew kegs, equipment, random beer, etc. Was broken into. They took my 4 wheeler, They took my 3 boilermakers, my blichman burners, a ton of tools, and countless cases of beer, a 2 tap dorm fridge convert, basically they filled a pickup truck with my ****.

I'm shaking I'm so pissed, take my **** fine, but that's 6 years of collecting and cellering and having the patience to not drink, some really awesome beers.

Sorry to hear - that really sucks! I hope they catch the SOBs (although I doubt you'll get so lucky as to see your beer again.) I'd be spitting nails as well.

Sorry to hear - that really sucks! I hope they catch the SOBs (although I doubt you'll get so lucky as to see your beer again.) I'd be spitting nails as well.

Insurance will pay for the equipment, but how do I make a claim for a couple grand or more worth of aged beer? And the 6 years or more it took me to collect

Wow, that blows! Sorry for your loss! Reminds me of when I was robbed at knifepoint 6 years ago. Little punks stole my lighter on top of everything, so i couldn't even have a smoke. I was shaking for a few hours afterwards.

Guess I should have listened to you guys all those nights you told me the cellar wasn't off limits, at least I could have enjoyed them.

I'm sorry to here about that. That s horrible. The equipment you can replace the beer you cant.

You can hold off sending my MAW package if you like! ;)

We cab make another trade. You might find something that can be jestery in your package. ;) I'm also going to get a few more bottles while im there.

Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that man. What makes it even worse is those worthless pieces of trash probably have no clue what they got.

Channel66 said:
Swung by my new place today to drop off some stuff, first time there since we got back. The garage I had filled with cellar beer, homebrew kegs, equipment, random beer, etc. Was broken into. They took my 4 wheeler, They took my 3 boilermakers, my blichman burners, a ton of tools, and countless cases of beer, a 2 tap dorm fridge convert, basically they filled a pickup truck with my ****. I'm drinking whiskey, neat, pint. I'm shaking I'm so pissed, take my **** fine, but that's 6 years of collecting and cellering and having the patience to not drink, some really awesome beers.
Wtf? That's terrible. How long since you'd been there???

Start checking Craigslist, eBay, pawnshops, etc...

Wtf? That's terrible. How long since you'd been there???

I stopped in to drop the 6 tap fridge off the night before we left for Canada. I'd imagine that was too big to haul off so they went with the dorm fridge

No neighbors, only house on an unfinished dirt road about 1 mile from the main road, there are tire marks in the garage and I haven't pulled a truck in there since it was finished. Hopefully that leads to something. But otherwise I think I have to look into the people my contractor employs, no one else would have a reason to come down here.

Unless nuzzle finally came good on his threat to raid my cellar.

Insurance will pay for the equipment, but how do I make a claim for a couple grand or more worth of aged beer? And the 6 years or more it took me to collect

Jesus that is absolutely horrible. I really hope something comes of the tire tracks. If you are serious about your cellar contents, you may be able to get some cash from insurance but of course, some of those beers (many) may never be found again. Do you have pics of the cellar beers? May help with insurance.

I'm sure you told the police about your contractors and they should be talking to the contractors and subs. This is a huge amount of bad luck.

Have you lost anything specific that you can name?

Channel66 said:
I stopped in to drop the 6 tap fridge off the night before we left for Canada. I'd imagine that was too big to haul off so they went with the dorm fridge No neighbors, only house on an unfinished dirt road about 1 mile from the main road, there are tire marks in the garage and I haven't pulled a truck in there since it was finished. Hopefully that leads to something. But otherwise I think I have to look into the people my contractor employs, no one else would have a reason to come down here. Unless nuzzle finally came good on his threat to raid my cellar.

Take a mold of the tire tracks

Sorry to hear about that ****, channel66. Even thinking about something like that happening to me makes me furious, so I have no idea how furious you must be to experience it.

Drinking some wet-hopped ipa I brought back from Grand Rapids.

ForumRunner_20131007_151702.jpg

Jesus that is absolutely horrible. I really hope something comes of the tire tracks. If you are serious about your cellar contents, you may be able to get some cash from insurance but of course, some of those beers (many) may never be found again. Do you have pics of the cellar beers? May help with insurance.

I'm sure you told the police about your contractors and they should be talking to the contractors and subs. This is a huge amount of bad luck.

Have you lost anything specific that you can name?

Take a mold of the tire tracks

Channel, that stinks, dude.

Thanks guys.

The police are doing their thing right now, I don't have pictures of everything, I do have a partial packing list of the beer, roughly half of it, the other half of the list was in one of the boxes that's gone. I do have a base number of what was taken. But was told not to touch anything until the police are done so I don't know exactly yet. Even without the list if I put everything that's left on a shelf I can figure out mostly what is gone. As a lot of you know I had a pretty extensive cellar. And being sciency a lot of it was same beer different vintage.

The police officer goes "so... this is a lot of beer, you're saying that they took 3/4 of your beer collection, and this is what's left?" Mostly homebrew left unfortunately. He also couldn't believe how much a fully dressed 20 gallon boilermaker mlt goes for. "A pot? Are you sure?" I had to grab a northern brewer catalog to show him an example

That absolutely sucks man. People have no shame anymore. Equipment can be replaced but all that work to collect. Hopefully they find them and let you and some fellow brewers have first crack at them.

Thanks guys.

The police are doing their thing right now, I don't have pictures of everything, I do have a partial packing list of the beer, roughly half of it, the other half of the list was in one of the boxes that's gone. I do have a base number of what was taken. But was told not to touch anything until the police are done so I don't know exactly yet. Even without the list if I put everything that's left on a shelf I can figure out mostly what is gone. As a lot of you know I had a pretty extensive cellar. And being sciency a lot of it was same beer different vintage.

The police officer goes "so... this is a lot of beer, you're saying that they took 3/4 of your beer collection, and this is what's left?" Mostly homebrew left unfortunately. He also couldn't believe how much a fully dressed 20 gallon boilermaker mlt goes for. "A pot? Are you sure?" I had to grab a northern brewer catalog to show him an example

You'll have some stuff to drink by friday for sure. And some new bugs and critters to play with if that cheers you up a little.

Channel, that sucks man, I hope you're able to get your stuff back and the police find who did it. Especially schitty after being away dealing with family funerals...

Might want to hold off bro. Your beer was in that pile, not sure if it still is yet
Obviously you didn't hear me. Not worried about it.

image-2184247476.jpg

Weyerbacher Riserva my wife surprised me with. Packing some beers after finding cellar key. Time to start locking the door down here and add a deadbolt!

That blows I remember when some punk @ss kids stole my stereo system out of my jeep that took me 5 years of investment to get the way I wanted it good thing is insurance covered it and I found the little bastards who did it and that's all I got to say about that.

I stopped in to drop the 6 tap fridge off the night before we left for Canada. I'd imagine that was too big to haul off so they went with the dorm fridge

No neighbors, only house on an unfinished dirt road about 1 mile from the main road, there are tire marks in the garage and I haven't pulled a truck in there since it was finished. Hopefully that leads to something. But otherwise I think I have to look into the people my contractor employs, no one else would have a reason to come down here.

Unless nuzzle finally came good on his threat to raid my cellar.

Well for a small fee ill come and be Guido! I'm a great P.I. ;-)

Back