What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am, how'd you know?

I shouldn't have opened this but whatever.
Noel de Calabaza, tastes like a sour...sorta, barley wine...sorta. I dunno. :ban:

You said you had to be up early to brew....and we're in the same general area.

Drinking my last Alewerks Tavern Ale from Williamsburg...bottled 1/4/13. Still hoppy and tasty!

IMAG2396.jpg

Well either they went back to the old label or that beer is at least 2 years old. Not that I'm a huge fan and it's possible I've whiskied my internet sarcasm meter defective. :drunk:

Should go get a beer. After the last couple days, I think drinking too much is inevitable.

Someone doesn't know me. I was being serious for seriously. I don't under stand the hype.

Having an 11 samael with wes. F-n delicious

You said you had to be up early to brew....and we're in the same general area.

Drinking my last Alewerks Tavern Ale from Williamsburg...bottled 1/4/13. Still hoppy and tasty!

Haha well, there's that. You gotta brew tomorrow.

Drinking Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale after adding 10oz Spring44 single barrel bourbon to 10oz organic cacao nibs for the 10gal of RIS that's getting ready to go into secondary in a few days. Running out of containers around here if it isn't obvious

1390018099855.jpg

Someone doesn't know me. I was being serious for seriously. I don't under stand the hype.

Which hype? Over the sucks? I've never had one but I've had many Lagunitas and like most of them.

From all the good talk about it here, I also assumed that it'd be good. I'm surprised!

That stinks.

You also have to factor in the effects of drinking with Wess. Bad talking good beer and such, you'll go home and find 3 inches of water in the laundry room floor. Try another in a few days!

Just messing with ya Wess.

I'm somewhat ignorant to the scout world. My boy is a cub. He's only 8. It's funny because he wanted to join to do all the stuff that we do without scouts (fishing, camping, hiking, etc.) and he hasn't done any of that stuff with scouts yet. Tomorrow should be interesting. Cold weather outdoor activities. I'm outdoorsy but hate winter. I hibernate this time of year. I sold him on going by telling him they are shooting BB guns.

I don't recall shooting anything til boy scouts. Rather disappointing now that I think about it haha. Got my son in a few months ago and went camping in a cabin 2 weeks afterwards (where I went 15 yrs ago)! Tiger cub= entry, eagle= end).

2nd pour of strawberry/kiwi/pineapple "fruit salad" blonde

I don't recall shooting anything til boy scouts. Rather disappointing now that I think about it haha. Got my son in a few months ago and went camping in a cabin 2 weeks afterwards (where I went 15 yrs ago)! Tiger cub= entry, eagle= end).

2nd pour of strawberry/kiwi/pineapple "fruit salad" blonde

Weblo is as far as i made it... Then it started to interfere with football, wrestling and baseball so i gave it up..... I loved it when i was in it tho

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Haha well, there's that. You gotta brew tomorrow.

I'm not really prepared...no burner. No propane. Have to bring sanitizer and equipment/supplies? I only have a bottling bucket for use as a fermentation tank. I kind of want to see how others are doing it once before I jump in. I could throw some stuff in the car, just in case....

8 more here right now. Store owner in a small town told me he has 3 cases and it "never sells". I am guessing I will imbibe at least a case this year.

These I have now will be my last this year. Much better beers out there that command my money. Moving onto delicious Imperial Red Gnight.

1390019985067.jpg

I'm not really prepared...no burner. No propane. Have to bring sanitizer and equipment/supplies? I only have a bottling bucket for use as a fermentation tank. I kind of want to see how others are doing it once before I jump in. I could throw some stuff in the car, just in case....

I packed everything but water (they have ph balanced water, wort chiller (they have them) and ingredients because I'll get them there at 1/2 off for their recipe. Wasn't sure about sanitizer so I'm bringing 2.5 gallons of distilled water, a bucket, and star San just in case.

Do you need a burner for brewing? I mean, for any brew day or do you brew inside?

Oh and today I saw 6 pack bottles of sculpin for $17. What the **** is that about? /random rant.

Well I've got hoppier homebrews, but nothing close Ibu-wise. A year has done wonders for this one.172940
Nuke, have a 2011 with your name on it buddy.

For serious? You're my new best friend. I saw one in Vermont when I was there last May and stupidly passed on it. What do you want for it?

The label on the beer you posted is quite old. The label for last two years has been:

lagunitas%2Bsucks.png

so your bottle is likely three years old. No wonder there weren't any hops. It's a damn delicious beer when you have it fresh.

These I have now will be my last this year. Much better beers out there that command my money. Moving onto delicious Imperial Red Gnight.

I agree that it's not my top beer. But I decided that Hopslam proves that Larry Bell's genius in this business is in marketing. I would rather have a Two Hearted, which I can buy anytime, but I search this out because I know I can't get it again for a year. Like any business , beer is more about marketing than product.

Another Mirror Pond while finishing up making some chili for a small chili comp tomorrow using ground elk and tenderized elk loin with the regular spices and chipotle with adobo.

I packed everything but water (they have ph balanced water, wort chiller (they have them) and ingredients because I'll get them there at 1/2 off for their recipe. Wasn't sure about sanitizer so I'm bringing 2.5 gallons of distilled water, a bucket, and star San just in case.

Do you need a burner for brewing? I mean, for any brew day or do you brew inside?

Oh and today I saw 6 pack bottles of sculpin for $17. What the **** is that about? /random rant.

I normally brew on my stove at home, but I'm not sure what they brew on there when inside? When they brew in the parking lot, a guy there said people bring burners (I think) and *sometimes* they have one or two to loan, first come, first served. That's kind of why I want to scope it out first.

I have a bottling bucket, a 23 qt pressure canner pot, a spray bottle of prepared Star San, hydrometer, airlock, long spoon, dial thermometer. I'm missing a spout for this bucket and my other one is in use. I'm sure I can get one there. Maybe...if I'm not too intimidated and they have a heat source for boiling....

My Tavern Ale ran out and I better get some sleep so I can show up tomorrow!

Which hype? Over the sucks? I've never had one but I've had many Lagunitas and like most of them.

From all the good talk about it here, I also assumed that it'd be good. I'm surprised!

That stinks.

You also have to factor in the effects of drinking with Wess. Bad talking good beer and such, you'll go home and find 3 inches of water in the laundry room floor. Try another in a few days!

Just messing with ya Wess.

Dudes I was trolling. Trying to catch a few beer nerd on the hook.. so far I caught a bunch of big fish. Haha. I knew it's a few years old just trying to have some fun.

dassdsasda

Its a gose! Pretty much a German style traditional sour wheat beer. Im not sure its distribution but I know its a rotating beer from Westbrook brewing co. The guy who got it to me lives in Chicago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Its a gose! Pretty much a German style traditional sour wheat beer. Im not sure its distribution but I know its a rotating beer from Westbrook brewing co. The guy who got it to me lives in Chicago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I went to school in Chicago and have many friends there. I'll ask around.

Back