Russian River Barrel aged beers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregR

Reaction score
Man I really really really love these beers. They are single handedly the beers that got me into sours. I've had Consecration, temptation, and supplication. I've yet to find Beatification. Temptation is probably my favorite but I was lucky enough to find a few bottles of Consecration the other day (two 750ml and one 375ml bottles).

anyone else love these beers? anyone hate them?

if anyone in San Diego is looking for a Bottle go to the Super Jr. Market down town. they still have a few left.

I'm in the love 'em category. Consecration has that air of "masterpieceness" about it. Beatification, which I've only had once (from a bottle), is just too damn sour for me. Temptation hits the Goldilocks sweet spot, and is what I usually get at the pub. Well, that or Blind Pig or Little White Lie or RR Porter.

Bottle Barn here in SR has bottles of Consecration (maybe others; I've never looked too hard) for less than the $25 they charge at the brewpub.

Yeah. I have had Supplication, Temptation, Beatification, Consecration, Sanctification, Toronado 20th Anniv., and Compunction. Consecration is my favorite now, with the Toro 20th coming in second. It was only good for a while though, and an aged bottle these days just isn't the same. I love Beatification (actually better on tap than bottled) and the others are all nice, too. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of Consecration this weekend and drink it. There are a couple places in SD you can find them for like 21 bucks for the batch 3 750s.

I'm bringing one to my brother for a house warming gift and going to try to save the other for a while. they had them for $22 at the Super Jr. Market. too good of a price to pass up.

Exhuming this thread...

Spent the evening at the RR brewery this wkend. Closed the place and slept in a sleeping bag in the back of a truck in their parking lot :)

Pliny is a great IIPA. But the sours just killed me dead. Man, Consecration is off the scale. And supplication isn't far behind. Wow.

I've only had Damnation :( I wish I lived on the west coast.

I'm on the west coast, and its hard for me to find the stuff. Not many beer options living in a small town. Then again, SF and LA are right around the corner, 3 hours away.

Back