What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorts Huma Lupa Licious waiting for the woman to get outta the shower so we can go to LHBS and New Holland Brewery. I need a good funky saison recipe but no brett. Any suggestions?

ForumRunner_20130611_153416.jpg

Alesmith's IPA, I was skeptical to see the 100 point score card next to the beer on the shelf but after taking my first sip have to say this is the most well balanced IPA I have ever drank. Amazing beer!

image-4232911079.jpg

Shorts Huma Lupa Licious waiting for the woman to get outta the shower so we can go to LHBS and New Holland Brewery. I need a good funky saison recipe but no brett. Any suggestions?

You planning on brewing it this week? Wyeast 3726 is the funkiest sacc strain I've used, but it's seasonal and not out until July, although sometimes the wyeast seasonal stuff comes out a little early. Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere clone recipe from CYBI is great with saison yeasts instead of 550.

You planning on brewing it this week? Wyeast 3726 is the funkiest sacc strain I've used, but it's seasonal and not out until July, although sometimes the wyeast seasonal stuff comes out a little early. Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere clone recipe from CYBI is great with saison yeasts instead of 550.

Yeah in a couple days, thanks I will check that Bam recipe out

Any chance of a recipe? That's just what I'm looking to do!

Sure. What sort of abv are you looking for? Traditional or new style hops? This particular beer is a little messed up. It has lemongrass and ginger. Just 1g and 4 g respectively, a slight bump in lemongrass from the previous batch, but too much. I think the strength of both of those ingredients can very greatly. I dont reccomend spices in saisons at all, but i grew some lemongrass and ginger and figured what the heck. It's ok, I wouldn't brew this one again.

Sure. What sort of abv are you looking for? Traditional or new style hops? This particular beer is a little messed up. It has lemongrass and ginger. Just 1g and 4 g respectively, a slight bump in lemongrass from the previous batch, but too much. I think the strength of both of those ingredients can very greatly. I dont reccomend spices in saisons at all, but i grew some lemongrass and ginger and figured what the heck. It's ok, I wouldn't brew this one again.

No spices in a saison? Coriander? I mean I've brewed them without spices but I wouldn't say I prefer it. Then again you do mostly sours, I do prefer a clean malt bill for my sours

Drinking some Irish coffee, crappy rainy cold day, had to dig up and bring my tomatoes inside, 36 degrees here in the great north woods.

No spices in a saison? Coriander?

Drinking some Irish coffee, crappy rainy cold day, had to dig up and bring my tomatoes inside, 36 degrees here in the great north woods.

That weather sounds pretty nice to me, although after the 90s you mentioned last week, it's going to wreak havoc on your plants. Tomatoes can take some light frost, though.

I've had more spiced saisons that sucked than were good

Haven't watched Pulp Fiction in years, half hour in and I'm pretty sure I could name beers after quotes from it for the rest of my life.

That weather sounds pretty nice to me, although after the 90s you mentioned last week, it's going to wreak havoc on your plants. Tomatoes can take some light frost, though.

I've had more spiced saisons that sucked than were good

Haven't watched Pulp Fiction in years, half hour in and I'm pretty sure I could name beers after quotes from it for the rest of my life.

Yeah I usually wouldn't be concerned, but with the rain and the temp already close to freezing, I'm afraid it will plummet tonight and freeze. My hops are in for a rough night I think.

Yeah I usually wouldn't be concerned, but with the rain and the temp already close to freezing, I'm afraid it will plummet tonight and freeze. My hops are in for a rough night I think.

I think we had 5 or 6 fifty foot rows of tomatoes out when we got a late hard-frost in May last year after ninety degree days since March. Didn't have enough fancy row cover for all of it and ran around in a hail storm trying to cover them. Sucked.

Drinking a sample of my Rye IPA.

image-1986001370.jpg

Earlier, had a Karbach Love Street Kolsch and a 21st Amendment Hell Or High Watermelon after a good day on the lake. Caught our limit of white bass in just a couple hours.

image-1663924119.jpg

Guess what's for dinner. ;)

Drinking a sample of my Rye IPA.

Earlier, had a Karbach Love Street Kolsch and a 21st Amendment Hell Or High Watermelon after a good day on the lake. Caught our limit of white bass in just a couple hours.

Guess what's for dinner. ;)

damn son if I didn't live so far away I would invite myself to a fish fry ;-)

TNGabe said:

I've recently done a new style hoped one and it went down so well let's mix it up and try traditional I suppose, and as for abv I'm not fussed, my last was 5.5%. Its really the brett conditioning that takes my fancy! I've been wanting to play with some brett for a while an also wanting an other Saison so 2 birds with 1 stone here
Basically open to suggestion on all fronts but I think my mind is now set on a brett conditioned Saison

I think we had 5 or 6 fifty foot rows of tomatoes out when we got a late hard-frost in May last year after ninety degree days since March. Didn't have enough fancy row cover for all of it and ran around in a hail storm trying to cover them. Sucked.

Haha yeah, I only have about 15 tomato plants, some peppers, beans etc. The maters were just the easiest ones to move to the garage. I covered the rest the best I could in high winds.

Drinking some midnight maple wheat while I grind up the grains for a stovetop biab now. Yum yum I love this beer.

20130611_191107_Hagrid.jpg

NIZZLE said:
damn son if I didn't live so far away I would invite myself to a fish fry ;-)

So since you do live so far away, I guess I have nothing to lose by extending you an invitation to a fish fry tonight. ;)

Yeeees that time of week again $6 growlers at New Holland! They just had thier Mad Hatter Fest so all 8 Hatters are on tap, having Farmhouse Hatter now. Really good and a little funky IPA

ForumRunner_20130611_192421.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
Yeeees that time of week again $6 growlers at New Holland! They just had thier Mad Hatter Fest so all 8 Hatters are on tap, having Farmhouse Hatter now. Really good and a little funky IPA

Oh ... I thought you meant that time of week where you get drunk and take out of focus pictures! ;)

West Coast Dark Mild. Just poured the first pint.

Racked the AHA Big Brew Day dark mild onto the yeast and mosaic dry hops from an apa. First pint is great. Better test a few more.

Back