Northern Colorado-CMC group buy round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we order more grain?

• Yes, do it now.

• No, I'm good

• Yes, but maybe later in the year

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree. The pale is great, with subtle and complex malty flavors. I got 2 bags of 2-row last round and it seemed to lack the flavors I was looking for. It is a great gravity booster for beers that have strong specialty malt flavors. I prefer the flavors of the pale.

Rando question but do you prefer hops vs malt? I am not a pale ale fan at all but I'm really contemplating pale vs 2-row as well

I also prefer the pale to the 2-row. Like others indicated, it's flavorful and can stand on its own. I've used the pale in malty and hoppy styles and been very pleased with its performance in both. I think the pale is probably more versatile overall.

For those who geek out on such things, CMC grows a barley called Scarlett, which is a German spring variety. BYO ran a story back in 2005 featuring a Weyermann-sponsored blind taste test of Pilsners made with several barley varieties, and Scarlett was well-received. I believe CMC's barley malts are exclusively Scarlett, which makes the products somewhat unique.

That's the goal anyway. We must have a total of 40 bags to trigger pallet pricing. If we don't hit 40, its not that great of a deal, although it is still quality malt.

Bondra76, thanks for the payment. Ill hold on to it (if thats okay with you) until we know that we have 40 bags. If we don't make it, I will refund you right away. Sound good?

Signed up for 2 bags and sent prepayment. Thanks for doing this colohox.
Can't wait to try this malt.

I just sent my payment and even if we don't hit the pallet price it's still a better deal than what I'm paying now. I was wondering if I could switch mine from two bags of 2 row and one bag of pale to one bag of 2 row and two bags of pale?

Just sent the paypal for 3 bags I signed up for!
I bought grain for a 5 gallon batch yesterday and the non pallet prices are still about half price compared to what I paid.

I know there have been a couple similar offers but I work at the Centennial Airport (I-25 & Arapahoe..sort of the Tech Center area) I'd also be willing to meet down there to pass on their order if that helps anyone in Castle Rock or CO Springs.

I know there have been a couple similar offers but I work at the Centennial Airport (I-25 & Arapahoe..sort of the Tech Center area) I'd also be willing to meet down there to pass on their order if that helps anyone in Castle Rock or CO Springs.

I could go in for this, if someone was willing to get it closer to the Springs. As this gets close, I will take a look at funds and see how I sit, but I don't want this held up because of me...lol

T

I'm still planning on taking part in this, but things have been too busy over the last few days to get a count. I think I'll be in for 3 bags, but it might be 4. I'll get a count in the next day or two. Thanks for organizing this, ColoHox.

I'm a buyer in castle rock so I will help/assist in moving bags however I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Guys, I really appreciate all the offers to transport bags for people. Very generous of all of you.

We are at 25-30 bags. I emailed Tim at CMC to see if there is anything he could do for us. So I will get back to you, assume though that we need to hit 40 bags for pallet pricing.

However, it does sound like people would still be interested in going through with this even at regular pricing. Does that apply to everyone?

I'm fine with non-pallet pricing. Just let me know when you're ready to pull the trigger either way and I'll Paypal you the funds for my order.

I was part of this last year and it was a very good deal and great grain. I put in for 2 bags of Pale Malt and 1 of the Belgian Style.

Thank you for doing this again!

👀❤️🍺

I would be ok with normal pricing but i would have to decrease my order from 6 bags to 5 to make up for the difference in price.

The form is live

Please sign up as soon as you can. From what I have seen this round, it looks like we might be under the 40 bag cutoff, so get your friends in on this too.

I will keep this thread updated.

Just a suggestion, but consider editing the first post in the thread to include the signup sheet, may make it easier for new folks wandering into the thread to sign up.

I'm also fine paying the non-pallet price for my 2 bags, though I wouldn't mind waiting a few more weeks to see if we can get up to 40+ bags. Will send Paypal once you give the word.

Good with regular pricing. Good with waiting for more people too.

I just added my order for 4 bags. I'm okay with regular pricing, but I'm fine with waiting a few weeks if that's what it takes to fill up a pallet.

Also, does the "Wheat" entry on the form imply "malted white wheat"? There are several wheat types available from CMC, and I want to be sure I'm ordering the right one.

I assumed that the wheat entry was malted white, but yeah, probably not a bad idea to confirm it.

As did I, but I just wanted to confirm. I guess if I got a bag of unmalted wheat, it'd force me to kick my lambic-style brewing into really high gear :rockin:

I assumed that the wheat entry was malted white, but yeah, probably not a bad idea to confirm it.

As did I, but I just wanted to confirm. I guess if I got a bag of unmalted wheat, it'd force me to kick my lambic-style brewing into really high gear :rockin:

I marked you guys down for malted white. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks to a few other responses, we are at 38 bags! Almost there!

Okay, we should be at the 40 bag mark, thanks Quaf and everyone else for making this happen.

On a similar note, as soon as I get some time away from work (maybe tonight, probably tomorrow), I will go through the form and check on payment status for everyone.

If you know that you have not paid yet, please send payment (at pallet pricing) to my paypal ([email protected]). I won't submit this order to CMC until I get prepayment from everyone...it's just safer that way.

I will let everyone know when the order has been submitted and will provide an estimated shipping date.

We will coordinate more details shortly. Thanks fellow Coloradoans!

Waiting on payment from a few people...you know who you are!

As soon as those roll in, I will submit the order.

LAST CALL FOR ORDERS!

Sorry guys, I forgot about freight.

Email from Tim Cody last night:
"As a value-added ag wholesale license holder, we are not required to collect sales tax.

With 40 bags, the cost will be the pallet pricing listed on the website.

The only other cost will be the LTL freight to FoCo- $170

Thanks again for your continued support of local malt!!!"

This adds $4.25 to each bag. Please calculate what you owe based on how many bags you are getting. I will cover this cost up front, but please throw another paypal payment at me or bring some cash or beer when you pick up your grains. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Waiting on one last prepayment.

Sent my freight...

When we figure out the logistics of where these bags are going to end up lemme know. If someone could get the bags for Castle Rock/Parker/CoSprings to just even Denver/Thornton, I could bring them down to Castle Pines and hold for pickup. I have plenty of space available here.

Sent my freight...

When we figure out the logistics of where these bags are going to end up lemme know. If someone could get the bags for Castle Rock/Parker/CoSprings to just even Denver/Thornton, I could bring them down to Castle Pines and hold for pickup. I have plenty of space available here.

I can get the grain to the Denver metro area for any one who would like. I am near 104th and Tower near DIA. If you would like to take it from there further south I am sure that would help people in tech center/castle rock/ or the springs. As long as people let me know ahead of time I have no problem transporting the grain for distribution in the Denver area.

Sounds great. I'm at Happy Canyon Rd and I25 for anyone interested in south Denver pickup

Back