20 - 40 Gallon All Grain Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwhite3

Reaction score
Hey! My first post.

I'm 25 and loving my part time job at a local microbrewery. Working in the beer business brings me great joy! I try to read all I can about beer and brewing science. Here is my latest project.

I have been home brewing for years but only partial mash/ extract. I have been studying all grain brewing ever since I started.

Withing the next couple months I am going to buy a pilot system so I can do 1/2 barrel batches. The head brewer/owner of the brewery wants me to try to do "specialty beers" and release them through the brewery. It sounds awesome to me.

Where do I start looking at equipment? I've lost my mind looking at all the nice brutus 10 setups. I don't have the skills to weld/ construct elements of the setup - but I could buy kettles, pumps, stand and piece things together if there already fitted with appropriate valves etc..

I live in Portland. These stout kettles look awesome . Thoughts? I'm looking 3 to 5 grand altogether.

Hey,

My first post as well!

Just reading your post and thought I might try to help out a little. I am in the process of building a Nanobrewery and have been talking with John and "Stouts". They great and very informative. They recommended psychobrewllc to me for a brew stand, because I am working with limited space. Check them out here. http://www.psychobrewllc.com Chris makes really nice stuff. Hope this helps.

Hey I also wanted to point out this article from Truecask. As I said I am trying to build a Nanobrewery and if you are going to take advice from someone who knows the process of starting from the ground up, take advice from Sam from Dogfish head. He promotes a full automated system from a company called Sabco. It is what he started on. Now he just built a 9 million dollar brewhouse!! Here is the article below. I they start around $6000
Nano-Brewing

I can't vouch for any of them, but like Chefmj said, I've heard good things about BrewMagic. I'm moving up to 10 gal batches next year after Bonus-mas and am planning on getting one of Sabco's keggles. I'm not ready for full blown automation as I can't justify the price.

If you want bigger though, morebeer has a 20gal batch sculpture that starts at $3100 and moves up from there depending on add-ons. http://morebeer.com/view_product/8920/103473/New_2100_BrewSculpture

Hey! My first post.

I'm 25 and loving my part time job at a local microbrewery. Working in the beer business brings me great joy! I try to read all I can about beer and brewing science. Here is my latest project.

I have been home brewing for years but only partial mash/ extract. I have been studying all grain brewing ever since I started.

Withing the next couple months I am going to buy a pilot system so I can do 1/2 barrel batches. The head brewer/owner of the brewery wants me to try to do "specialty beers" and release them through the brewery. It sounds awesome to me.

Where do I start looking at equipment? I've lost my mind looking at all the nice brutus 10 setups. I don't have the skills to weld/ construct elements of the setup - but I could buy kettles, pumps, stand and piece things together if there already fitted with appropriate valves etc..

I live in Portland. These stout kettles look awesome . Thoughts? I'm looking 3 to 5 grand altogether.

Congratulations on the brewery job. Which brewery are you working for?

The Stout stuff looks great and best of all you can go local and look at them, also save on shipping. If I hadn't already spent so much on my equipment I'd want to go shopping.

Thanks a lot everybody. Lots of good information here. On a side note, I did a batch last night that was a IPA spiced with ginger root and balanced with some biscuit malts. Sounds like a strange "mash-up" but I think it will be nice.

Cheers!

Back