Buying An Aerator, Any Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
So it's that time of year again. I need to aerate the lawn and contacted a few companies to see what they would charge to do it. Well $200-250 is the answer! I could buy a damn aerator for that! I also looked into renting, but since I don't have a truck, I'd have to pay them to deliver and pick it up, in addition to the rental fee, so after two years of that, I may as well have bought one anyway. So that's what I've decided to do. I'm thinking a tow-behind plug aerator is my best option. The self-powered ones are way out of my price range. I'd ideally like to keep the price as low as possible, so that's where my question comes in. Can anyone recommend a good/durable/inexpensive tow-behind plug/core aerator. I've done some research online but it seems like it's a crap shoot, with some falling apart quickly, and others providing years of service.

Thanks in advance!:mug:

Well, I think I'm going to pull the trigger today, since I need to do it soon. I guess I'll just roll the dice and choose whichever one looks the best in my price range.

Cheap you say? How's $13?

lawn-aerator-shoes-126896.jpg

This is something I'm planning on doing this fall as well. How much is it to rent the aerators?

Cheap you say? How's $13?

lawn-aerator-shoes-126896.jpg

This is something I'm planning on doing this fall as well. How much is it to rent the aerators?

Haha, that would be a lot of stomping around, not to mention they're spikes, not plugs.:D

Around here it seems like it is around $80/day plus a delivery fee which can be substantial.

I'm looking at this one right now. It's tough shopping for them because no one model has many reviews, but the two reviews this one has seem to be positive, AND theres a video!

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Products-PA42GY-42-Inch-Aerator/dp/B000PSTETK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1285937022&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back