northern brewers partial mash kit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPS

Reaction score
I just ordered my first partial mash kit from northern brewers. Its there oatmeal stout partial mash kit. Do the speciality grains that you have to steep come all ready crushed. i'v only done no boil extract kits in the past and i'm moving on too partial mash. But i deff. don't have a mill to crush these grains if there not pre crushed. And if they don't come crushed how can i go about crushing them without a mill. And also any advice or tips on my first partial mash kit. Would be great thank all. EPS

I have done a handful of NB partial mash kits and they do come crushed. I think only all grain kits give you the option of crushed or non-crushed grain. You should be good to go.

He is correct, all Northern Brewer kits come crushed...however should they not be crushed enough, just lay them out and take a rolling pin to them.

Latest posts

Back