Jamil's Saison - Help a brutha out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but anyone got a copy of Brewing Classic Styles laying around??

I'm on my way home from work and want to stop at the HBS to pick up hops and any odd grains/sugar I might need and I forgot the damn book at home!!

Anyone know the recipe for Jamil's Saison???

If it's the same one he used on his Saison podcast, and I'm guessing that it is, you can go to the Brewing Network website and find it there. If the link's in the same place, you want to go to the page that has his archived podcasts and the link to all the recipes should be at the bottom.

Just brewed a recipe that was based off of it, but I rounded to the nearest pound and used more hops:

10 lbs. Belgian Pils
1 lb. Flaked Wheat
1 lb. Munich Malt
1 lb. Cane Sugar
2 oz. Caramunich III

He just used ~3 oz. of Hallertau I think, but I didn't calculate enough IBU with that using 3.0% AA Hallertau. I used Perle and Saaz in addition. (I think he used 10.5 Belgian pils, .75 lb. wheat and .75 lb. munich)

posting from my phone... and can't get to the podcast from it

Thanks Steelerguy!!! That's exactly what I needed!!! You da man!!!

Thanks for the favor! It's much appreciated. You saved me a bunch more driving!

Back