Question about tap spacing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
I have two Perlicks, a 3-way distributor, and a 6" wall mount drip tray coming in the mail. Hopefully within the next few days I'll be able to start installing on my side-by-side fridge.

Since I have a 3-way I was wondering about spacing for potential future growth to a 3rd tap. Would it be too crowded to have 3 taps above a 6" tray? Perhaps have my first two taps sitting at 1" and 5" on the tray and a future could possibly fit at 3"?

I don't have any real need/plan for a 3rd tap anytime in the near future. I'm just trying to mentally plan on where to drill and possibly space things for potential growth.

Sorry for the lengthy wording on a simplistic question. ;):drunk:

Would it be too crowded to have 3 taps above a 6" tray?

I think so. I have 3 ventmatics over a 10" drip tray and I personally wouldn't want them any closer. I just posted a few pix in the DIY section, thread was about taps on/thru the wall or something.

BTW, finding a 10" drip tray was not easy. NB was the only place I could find it at.

I figured it would probably be too crowded. Definitely wouldn't be able to have a glass under each. Methinks I'll just stick with two taps then. I just had a wild hair for the 3 taps thing.

Thanks for the input fellas. :mug:

To add to my post - I would plan for expansion. If you look at those pix I referenced in my first post, there are only 2 taps in the first photo. Then 3. Having an empty hole gave me motivation to get another tap up there! :)

You could put two in, space them as far apart as you can, then if you want to expand you can add a third in the middle.

I like my taps close together. I think it looks nice and I never have a situation where I am filling from multiple taps at once.

I say space the two 1" from each edge, then place the third directly in the middle. You will have enough room.

Back