Chi Companies Analog Temp Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might be the biggest fan of this unit on this site since I am usually the first to reply to this question.

I use this unit. I like this unit a lot. The dial enclosure is a very nice feature for such a budget unit. There is about a 3-4 degree deadspace which is perfect for my fridge application. The probe length is perfect. The fact that it is prewired is nice and easy.

Compared to the A19, which I also use, I like this one better.

16 amps...

I wonder how much current a 7ish cf freezer pulls?

:confused:

(Though, the fact it is a "FREEZER CONVERSION THERMOSTAT" should answer my question. D'oh!)

When I finally got mine from CHI after some hassle with shipping. I didn't work! there was no power going to my freezer. I tested it on a lamp and still no go. So I opened it up after I tried everything else and found from the little wiring instructions inside that I wasn't wired properly. I fixed it and now it works great.

I've had the same controller for several years and I love it!! I converted my old Haier kegerator into a fermentation chamber. It works great. I set at the correct fermentation temp, wait until the beer's done fermenting then crank it down to the coldest setting to cold crash for a few days. It's well worth the price and definitely works very well.

Back