Danby Kegerator Temp Control Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchmela

Reaction score
I have an old Danby kegerator and the temp control just went crazy and I ended up with a frozen keg. I read some old forum posts about getting an external temp control and the Anvil Temp Controller has fixed that issue.

My question is, does anyone have a work around for the kegerator turning on notification (loud beep)? I keep my kegerator in the family room (it is family after all) which is down the hall from my bedroom. SWMBO was awakened all night by the kegerator turning on. I thought I dodged a bullet with the temp controller, but other than moving the kegerator to the garage I am not sure what to do (other than buy a new one).

Thanks for any suggestions.

What is the beep indicating? If its not needed maybe just disconnect the speaker? A little electrical tape always took care of that pesky check engine light back in high school!........

Most likely there's a piezo electric beeper soldered to whatever circuit board constitutes the controller.
Typically a black plastic vertically oriented cylinder-ish object.
Clipping the leads to the beeper if possible or desoldering otherwise would be the definitive cure...

Cheers!

Back