Group buy in Chicago #2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been duly noted that RC0032 would like his sack back...
Been married almost 2 years now...Im allowed usage not ownership.

I could give up my sack of 2Raw if someone needed Vienna, I would take 1/3 sack of Vienna.

Let's try to finalize this by tonight so I can email the distributor tomorrow. thanks

Rc, if u want to drop your sack of two row, I would be down to go in on a third of a Vienna sack. What say you?

RC, you just want to go halfsies on a sack of vienna? Doesn't look like we have any takers. If not, you can just hold on to your 2 row sack.

Bmason, this should be final:

Me, Samie and RC are splitting a sack of Vienna, which brings us up to 42.

Thats cool.

I will owe you the cost of a 1/3 sack. PS: the hops have shipped and will land this week.

RC, it says on the spreadsheet that you are down for 2 bags of 2 row. I wasn't sure if you only wanted one bag or not (in which case I would be taking two). Just trying to clarify all this back and forth forum talk.

I already received the quote so I sure hope we can stick to what is currently on the spreadsheet. IIRC, RC0032 wanted his sack back, the one he had given up when I had not entered someone else's order. We then had a member (sack, member..wtf is wrong with me?!) who had to drop out of the buy. This member...er, person had 2 sacks...er, bags. We then added RC0032's BAG back on the froup buy. There was a slot for 1 more BAG which was Split Order#3 (Vienna). Are we all on board now? Check your email in a few minutes for the quote.

I forgot to mention something importanat about the grain quote. All of the malts went up in price by $0.03/Lb. except for the Best Malz malts. Those actually dropped a couple of pennies. They really should update their cost sheet. But over all it's still a lot cheaper than buying 5# bags at the LBHS.

If you're satisfied with the spreadsheet and quote from the distributor then proceed to submit payment. If you're using paypal send it to the email address that I've been using all this time. *Please* pay the transaction fees yourself. We can arrange a cash transaction also. And finally, you can snail mail the payment to the address listed on the quote. On the paypal and mail payments please reference your HBT user name so I can update the spreadsheet accordingly.

Thanks,
Bill

Demon said:
Paid. Thanks for organizing this again! I should be good through the winter now.

thanks. Spreadsheet has been updated with your payment status.

Mike_A said:
Payment sent! About how long did it take last time from day the order was placed to delivery?

It takes about a day or two to receive the shipment once they receive payment. Please check the spreadsheet carefully regarding the amount required. I think you paypaled the amount without the paypal fees. Thanks

munklunk said:
How close are we? I'm jonesin to get my bags...

I've transfered the money from those who payed via paypal to my checking account. This transfer takes 3 days to complete. Paypal is quick in receiving money but not in paying for a transfer to a bank account. There are 3 people who have yet to pay. 2 of them plan on giving me cash (or at least I hope they still plan to) instead of paypal or check. The 3rd person I have yet to hear back from. Once I have everyone's money I will place the order and pay with my credit card. A couple of days after payment we should receive the grain. Maybe the end of next week?

Drats, I *JUST* missed this!

Would it be okay to ask here what the per-sack pricing on a bulk buy like this comes out to?

Drats, I *JUST* missed this!

Would it be okay to ask here what the per-sack pricing on a bulk buy like this comes out to?

a 55.12 Lb bag of Canada Malt 2-row is $27.00. There's delivery fees ($78/42 bag=$1.86 per bag) and nominal paypal fees. So about $30 by the time all is said and done. There will be more group buys so don't worry.

Back