Daughter likes basketball now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Stayed at in-laws house this weekend, and my brother-in-law has left his HD equipment there while he is off to Iraq. Anyway, I own a PS3 but never played any games on it. I put in a basketball game out of curiousity, and played my 9 YO. The graphics and gameplay were excellent, and needless to say that after the first game, she beat me.

My 14 yo also tried it out, and those kids played for hours. My older has never really been interested in sports, but now she would like to buy a game, and has even expressed interest in watching basketball on TV!

I'm more excited about that than anything. I feel so lonely when I'm the only one watching these games on tv. My younger one will sit and watch the Wings play for a while, and they both enjoy going to Bulldog hockey (Ferris univ. nearby), but I always assumed it was because of the snacks we usually get.

Is it too much to hope that they will want to know the rules and tune in for more games?

Stayed at in-laws house this weekend, and my brother-in-law has left his HD equipment there while he is off to Iraq. Anyway, I own a PS3 but never played any games on it. I put in a basketball game out of curiousity, and played my 9 YO. The graphics and gameplay were excellent, and needless to say that after the first game, she beat me.

My 14 yo also tried it out, and those kids played for hours. My older has never really been interested in sports, but now she would like to buy a game, and has even expressed interest in watching basketball on TV!

I'm more excited about that than anything. I feel so lonely when I'm the only one watching these games on tv. My younger one will sit and watch the Wings play for a while, and they both enjoy going to Bulldog hockey (Ferris univ. nearby), but I always assumed it was because of the snacks we usually get.

Is it too much to hope that they will want to know the rules and tune in for more games?

Ferris alumni checking in!
First/Second string Bulldogs goalie - 1990/1991!

Ferris alumni checking in!
First/Second string Bulldogs goalie - 1990/1991!

Seriously? I graduated in 98, after many years of working and going to school.

They had a few really good years and even got Chris Kunitz into the NHL, but I love watching the games no matter what.

This year they seem to be doing pretty good. I'm not sure if they will get the championship, but I expect them to be in the top third.

Seriously? I graduated in 98, after many years of working and going to school.

They had a few really good years and even got Chris Kunitz into the NHL, but I love watching the games no matter what.

This year they seem to be doing pretty good. I'm not sure if they will get the championship, but I expect them to be in the top third.

Yup, seriously :D

I should have gone all 4 years, but injuries left me reacting like a drunken 65 year old, rather then a somewhat fit 21 year old.

Do you live nearby? I'm really hoping to get to a few more games this season. I think watching college hockey is almost as good as watching pros. Except they don't serve beer, of course.

I think they play Alaska very soon. AH, I just remembered I have a magnet schedule on the beer fridge! Yep, Nov. 21 weekend.

Do you live nearby? I'm really hoping to get to a few more games this season. I think watching college hockey is almost as good as watching pros. Except they don't serve beer, of course.

I think they play Alaska very soon. AH, I just remembered I have a magnet schedule on the beer fridge! Yep, Nov. 21 weekend.

No, im down in Oakland County.
I try to get up and see a couple of games a year. If I get to go to another soon, ill let you know and if you want, we can take your girls around the locker rooms and show them what it looks like! Former players can usually walk around wherever they want.

Oh that would be SWEET! I'd def take you up on that. Be sure to let me know ahead of time so I can plan on going. Even if we didn't get a tour I'd still like to go and see the game with you.

I picked up a second PS3 controller last night and a used copy of NBA 2K7 at the nearby Gamestop. Played a half game with my younger one, and at one point she was up by a few points, but somehow I managed to gain a small lead.

Soon I'm going to read the manual and then she should be scared!! MWUAHAHAHA!!!!

Back