How often do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink 4 or 5 beers every day. The weekends get out of hand at times when friends roll over. I'm 37 in decent health, work out eat good and all that, I'm a vegetarian. I skip a few days drinking every now and then, rarely. but I like to put a good buzz on most nights. who cares how much you drink as long as it isn't interfering with your everyday life

Yesterday

1 DFH Festina Peche, 7 SN Celebration, and shared 3 bombers, 1 Ninkasi Vanilla porter, I of my Irish Stout and one of my Peach Farmhouse. :tank:

I raged yesterday.

2 glasses of home made wine ( I bottled 15 and drank what would not fit)

2 beers

shot of whiskey

I don't drink Monday through Friday. Then I tend to drink too many Saturday, 6-8, and only like 1-3 on a Sunday. Mostly because I started working out and didn't want to drink my progress away. I tend to drink more because I brew, since I always have beer on hand and don't have to buy it as often. Plus I ALWAYS need empty bottles.

1-2 a day during the week, 4-6 a day on the weekend. However the weekend drinks are usually spread throughout the afternoon and evening and not just a binge over a couple hours.

Having homebrew on hand definitely plays a role in that, either because I consider the HB the "budget" beer compared to what I buy commercially, or because I need to make room for the pipeline.

3-4 times a week, mostly on the weekend though. Generally, 1-3 drinks on any given night. Last Monday, we sampled a sparkling pink muscato; drank the whole bottle.

I drink most days but not every day. Usually an evening will consist of 1 or 2 bottles (25oz) and then more on the weekends. Always a beer after mowing the lawns.
Next month I'm not going to drink beer as I'm getting fat, and replacing beer with whiskey is easier than exercising mid summer.
And yes being a brewer has increased my consumption as it is always available.

2-3 per day, average 4-5 days per week. If I have something going on, then I've gone a couple weeks without, but that hasn't happened for a while.
After the new year, work will be busy as flocc, so I'll probably lay off.

Havent had a drink in a week.
Of course I have been sick as a dog with a nasty head cold, so I supplemented wine/beer with Nyquil (which in itself is 10% abv).

But I would never, ever drink that crap unless I absolutely had to....

I drink 3 beers a day/7 days a week.
and a shot of corn squeezins right before bed.
By corn squeezins I mean Jack Daniels.

How often ?
However often i need to consume 45 gals beer a year.
That is the per capita consumption of beer where i live.
Got to keep up with the Joneses.

1.315 beers per day average....

I'm probably double that.

I may be a little over my quota this year.
Started home brewing in May and have brewed 50 gals of beer and 5 gals cider so far. But !0 gals of beer and 5 gals cider has yet to be consumed . Haven't mentioned the store bought alcohol though. :)

1.315 beers per day average....

I'm probably double that.

To maintain that average you need to make sure you drink 1.315 for yourself plus 1.315 times the number of people you know who don't drink beer.

Bottom line: make friends with Babtists, Seventh Day Adventists, etc and drink up their share.

I drink almost everyday. When I work I might have 2 - 4. When I'm off I drink a lot more than I should. Sometimes a 12 pack or more if I dont have any responsibilities to take care of that day. Often times when I have that many its spread out through the whole day and I usually dont get smashed.

Average 3 pints a night. Some more some none. 5 gal lasts about 10 days or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have decided to take a break from my 2 beer a day routine. I have approx 1 week until I am going to bottle, and then 3 weeks until I will drink a bottle.
I am just going to take a break. I need to establish a new routine and get ready for golf season ( I know how absurd that sounds, but it is alot of walking). I find I can not get myself to exercise when I come home and have 2 beers. Makes everthing slosh around.

I guess sometimes when you take a break from something it is better when you return.

(but who am I kidding, after running on a treadmill or snowblowing for a few hours I may need a cold brew)

This is a great time of year for drinking being couped up inside. I also enjoy the other 3 seasons as well.

I drink less than a gallon on weekends if the time is available. If I wasn't on shift work, I would probably add another gallon throughout the week.

I am 40 years old and my thirst seems much diminished the past few years. I can also tell the next day that I had been drinking even if only 3-4 beers, it used to take 12-14 to notice.

Sometimes I do feel pressured to consume, like if a keg has hit its "sweet spot" flavor-wise, or if pipeline is getting backed up.

None of my family or friends drink. Most people work too much and have kids.

I usually only drink on Fri-Sat nights. Id say over the past year, Ive gotten lax on my intake and would have a beer or two every night during the week. Now I dont consider this wrong by any means, but as a health nut, it had to be stopped. When I say health nut, I go to the gym 4 days a week, run, and try and eat clean during the week (which also lapsed during the last year). Im not into the who eat organic, prevent cancer bull**** some are. I just like staying fit.

I now have reverted back to my old routine of clean eating during the week, except sat night. I dont drink beer but on Fri or Sat night. This is always a given unless I am on call. Usually its a decent amount too. Sometimes I will have a cocktail or two as well... If I have had a crappy day at work, I will have liquor instead of beer. Maybe some scotch or Irish whiskey on the rocks.

Honestly, I like to cut loose on the weekend and have fun when I can. Life is short. Enjoy it. If it becomes a problem, or looks like it might become one, then take care of it.

Pyg, which golf course do you walk? I have some passes for the Battenkill (greenwich) if you wanna check that out sometime.

Pyg, which golf course do you walk? I have some passes for the Battenkill (greenwich) if you wanna check that out sometime.

I walk Frear Park once a week. The front is on a hill, makes for a tough walk.

I am always looking for an excuse to hack up a course.

Sounds good. I remember the hills at Frear Park from one time 8 years ago. It has a very interesting layout.

Checked out a place called Tarq's in saratoga yesterday. Might do some indoor lessons this winter so I'm not such a hack this year.

I'm of the opinion that life is short but I don't want to make it shorter by taking crap care of myself. I haven't had a drink in 2 days atm so I might just keep the ball rolling and not drink until the weekend.
I usually have 2-4 a night though which I'm trying to get away from just because it's expensive, and since the baby was born 6 months ago, brew days are hard to come by so I want to make my kegs last. I just like drinking beer and I always buy/brew something new so that adds to the enjoyment of drinking which sometimes causes me to drink more than I was planning on. I do find though the initial buzz is much more enjoyable than being drunk so I try to stop when I feel like I'm getting to that point. With a 6 month old though I need to be able to function until the wee hours of the morning, just in case, so I don't drink as much as I used to. Back before the baby i'd drink 5-7 a night easily; which looking back on was way too much. I just love beer dammit and it loves me back. :tank:
I do find as I get older I want less and less beer but, however, I think I'm enjoying it more than I used to.

Every day, having a beer w lunch now, just normal here in the tropics on boats, but the doc says I need to cut back on beer, rum, cigars, coffee...as they aggravate my gastridis (which they likely caused in the first place). If he tells me to cut down on sex too then I'll just go down myself in a bucket of RO water! :p

Latest posts

Back