somewhat amusing mishap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweston

Reaction score
I bottled two batches last night: while siphoning the first batch into the bottling bucket, I shifted some things around and somehow knocked one of my daughter's books into the bottling bucket full of beer. Hopefully there was nothing *too* nasty on the book, or my hand that had to go in and grab it. (My hand had been in and out of iodophor solution 100 times, so it's definitely the book I'm more worried about.)

Moral of the story: work in a clean and clutter-free area.

How old is your daughter? How often does she handle the book? As I'm sure you know, children are germ factories...that sucks. Keep your fingers crossed.

And this time of year is the nastiest time of year. There are some odd things that run out of m daughters nose this time of year LOL

Brewpilot

She's a teenager, showers every day, etc. The book had not been handled in several days, I don't think. We'll see, I guess.

I'd make a joke about a kriek, but as a father of a daughter, I know how inappropriate that would be. Crap, I think I just made it.

That's Hysterical!!!!:D Bird, you seem to be in the same boat as I am. I'm 35yo and a father of two daughters. No worries. Political correctness is way overrated in my book...

the_bird said:
I'd make a joke about a kriek, but as a father of a daughter, I know how inappropriate that would be. Crap, I think I just made it.

whats a kriek? :confused:

Update:

I opened one of these last night, about 5 weeks after brew day: I knew it would be green, I was mostly curious to see if it had picked up some nasty infection from the book. As expected, everything seems fine.

Back