55 gallon homebrew equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramsvatn

Reaction score
Hello. Im a homebrewer from Norway. I have maked a 55gallon homebrew equipment. It works exelent.
Im using batchsparging.
I have pictures of it but i dont know how to post it.

I cant poste my pictures. Im new on this forum, i think i must upgrade my membership to ad pictures.

You'll be able to post actual pictures once your post count hits 25 (countermeasure after a spam attack)

You can however upload pictures to photobucket or others and post links to them for us to click, a more senior member can then quote your post and insert the pictures.

Edit: Oh hi, welcome!

I was going to say something about how "55 gallons is a lot of beer to experiment with." :) Delicious experimentation!

1290.jpg

128F.jpg

128E.jpg

127E.jpg

127D.jpg

127C.jpg

Im using a industrial gas burner it gives ca 90KW. I can get 27 galon of water up to boiling in 10-15minutes.

Problem is the noice when im using full effect. And if im using only one gas bottle its problem whith ising.

But just to keep it boiling is not to bad.

Im using 3 VVS stainles steel tanks +/- 42galons.

One is the Mash tank and the 2 others is for HLT and boiling. (i can use both for boiling)

Im using the same amount og grains every time i Brew (45kilo/100pounds)

Im using Batch sparging 1 step.

When im finnish mashing i drain all the worth into the boiling tank.
Then i fill up the mashtun agan and drain that also into the boiling tank (then its wery full) When i have filled up the mashtun for the last time the HLT is empty.

Then i drains some of the full boilingtank into the HLT and start boiling.

Then i drains the rest of the mashtun into the HLT and then i can start boiling it too.

If i want i can use different types of hops ore different IBU since i use two tanks for boiling.

If I brew wery strong beer (+1.080)i use one boiltank for the main brew, but then i often make a small beer of the remaining sugar in the malt.

Back