Head but no carbonation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjzelectric

Reaction score
I brewed 2 batches a few months ago. Robust porter (1.060) and IPA (1.055).
The porter finished @1.010 and the IPA @1.008. My question is, would you consider these brews to be "high gravity," meaning longer time to carb/condition in the bottle. Im asking b/c I bottled them about 4 or 5 weeks ago and they arent carbed to my liking. If I pour them vigorously they get a nice head and decent head retention but the actual body of the beer is pretty flat. Any advice or should I just wait it out. By the way, I used the same successful bottling methods that Ive always used. Rack to bottling bucket on top of 4 to 5 oz. of corn sugar.

I have the same problem. It's been a long time since you posted this, maybe it's better by now?

yesss! both beers haved carbed quite nicely. one almost too much. i have to pour it extra slowly and i mean extra slowly. i hate having to wait for too much head to go down.

Thanks Rev. Your posts are always so reassuring. Its fun trying a beer from each batch on a weekly basis and seeing how much it improves with age. My Dunkle has been bottled for a week and boy is it green.

Latest posts

Back