Modifying a Danby DKC645BLS for a 2 or 3 tap tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has any one done this or something similar to a pre made kegerator? I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 cornies of HB on tap. There is a hole in the back of the kegerator for the CO2 line. I am wondering if I can drill another hole or two either right next to original without effing it up.

Thanks,

Hello friend! :) Why would you need to drill more holes?

You have my number. I've learned quite a bit about kegging this year. Give me a call and maybe we can sort out a better solution.

Hello friend! :) Why would you need to drill more holes?

You have my number. I've learned quite a bit about kegging this year. Give me a call and maybe we can sort out a better solution.

Well if I want to add a two or three tap tower to the kegerator I either need to have the CO2 tank inside with the regulator, three cornies and the tower cooler I made inside, or I could drill another hole or two and keep the CO2 tank on the outside and just have the lines going in to the kegs. It is possible that I will want to run each beer at a different level of CO2

Has any one done this or something similar to a pre made kegerator? I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 cornies of HB on tap. There is a hole in the back of the kegerator for the CO2 line. I am wondering if I can drill another hole or two either right next to original without effing it up.

Thanks,

Not sure what youre getting at. If you already have the CO2 hole there, why would you need more?

On the other hand, if you meant the tower, then absolulty.

Put a CO2 manifold inside then Drill 2 more holes in the tower. Thats what I did with this one.

IMGP5245.jpg

Not sure what youre getting at. If you already have the CO2 hole there, why would you need more?

On the other hand, if you meant the tower, then absolulty.

Put a CO2 manifold inside then Drill 2 more holes in the tower. Thats what I did with this one.

IMGP5245.jpg

Is yours a Danby DKC645BLS? I want to add a 2 or 3 tap tower in the future. I want to have 2-3 cornies of HB on tap and want to be able to have a different serving pressure on each one if need be.

Is yours a Danby DKC645BLS? I want to add a 2 or 3 tap tower in the future. I want to have 2-3 cornies of HB on tap and want to be able to have a different serving pressure on each one if need be.

No. Its a Haier. I don't know the model number, It's in Georgia and I am currently in NC, but it holds 3 ball lock cornies plus a 5 pounder on the hump.

I used the stock 2.5" tower and just added the other 2 tap holes.

I also mounted a hard drive cooler to the cold plate to circulate the air because it would not cool evenly, but now works great. I run it continuously from an old cell phone charger.

If you wanted/needed to keep the CO2 on the outside of yours, you could just build a multi regulator manifold and mount that inside and feed that from the main regulator outside. That would eliminate anything going wrong if you tried to add more holes for CO2 lines.

No. Its a Haier. I don't know the model number, It's in Georgia and I am currently in NC, but it holds 3 ball lock cornies plus a 5 pounder on the hump.

I used the stock 2.5" tower and just added the other 2 tap holes.

I also mounted a hard drive cooler to the cold plate to circulate the air because it would not cool evenly, but now works great. I run it continuously from an old cell phone charger.

If you wanted/needed to keep the CO2 on the outside of yours, you could just build a multi regulator manifold and mount that inside and feed that from the main regulator outside. That would eliminate anything going wrong if you tried to add more holes for CO2 lines.

He's got it right. There is no need to drill more holes, you just need to put the regulator manifold inside the fridge.

Latest posts

Back