Gas Hose/Jumper for brew stand burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedPenguin

Reaction score
I am trying to find a gas hose or something equivalent that is around ~24in in length to connect the gas plumbing on my brew stand to the burners. I have looked at a few places locally and I have been checking online but I can't seem to find anything that has a 3/8 or 1/2 male or female to 3/8 female flare. Any suggestions?

I am trying to find a gas hose or something equivalent that is around ~24in in length to connect the gas plumbing on my brew stand to the burners. I have looked at a few places locally and I have been checking online but I can't seem to find anything that has a 3/8 or 1/2 male or female to 3/8 female flare. Any suggestions?

I have the flexible gas lines, i bought them at Home Depot. They are for hot water heaters. I think they were about $12 each and they were 24'

I have the flexible gas lines, i bought them at Home Depot. They are for hot water heaters. I think they were about $12 each and they were 24'

I went to HD and looked for stuff like that, I couldn't find anything for less then $25 each, even the 24inch ones.

Do you recall the part #?

I went to HD and looked for stuff like that, I couldn't find anything for less then $25 each, even the 24inch ones.

Do you recall the part #?

I actually already trashed the bags they came in. I found the HD receipt tho. I bought 3 of them at $8.83 each ($26.49 total)

The number that is on the receipt is #026613114347 Gas Connectr

I actually already trashed the bags they came in. I found the HD receipt tho. I bought 3 of them at $8.83 each ($26.49 total)

The number that is on the receipt is #026613114347 Gas Connectr

Thanks, heading there now!

SS Flexible gas line like the one posted above from plumbing store appear to be for low pressure propane only. Bottom of the linked page says:

"I need to connect my propane tank to the regulator. Will these gas flexes work for that purpose?"
No, these gas flexes are for "low" pressure connections only.

The propane shop that did my hoses said the same thing that flared fittings will leak with high pressure. Any truth to this?

If so, what are we supposed to use for 0-30 PSI propane applications?

I too noticed that message before I purchased them - so I called Dormont directly (the manufacturer of the hoses). I told them exactly what I intended to use them for - plumbing propane to three burners and probably around 10psi for each up to 30psi (but this shouldn't really happen on a single burner). They said it should be no problem as each of these hoses is pressure tested to 100psi (to meet CSA guidelines they have to far exceed the rating). They said they have to rate them at 1/2psi because typically these are installed at homes in NG applications and if that is exceeded you won't pass inspection or meet CSA guildlines. Obviously, we're not trying to do either :)

The only time I've had a problem with leaking is when I was an idiot and didn't read the label which tells you do NOT tape the joints where the hose connects to. Otherwise it's been fine.

Those Brasscraft flex connectors from Home Depot are rated exactly the same BTW - 1/2 psi. Check it out in the details here: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053.

I too noticed that message before I purchased them - so I called Dormont directly (the manufacturer of the hoses). I told them exactly what I intended to use them for - plumbing propane to three burners and probably around 10psi for each up to 30psi (but this shouldn't really happen on a single burner). They said it should be no problem as each of these hoses is pressure tested to 100psi (to meet CSA guidelines they have to far exceed the rating). They said they have to rate them at 1/2psi because typically these are installed at homes in NG applications and if that is exceeded you won't pass inspection or meet CSA guildlines. Obviously, we're not trying to do either :)

The only time I've had a problem with leaking is when I was an idiot and didn't read the label which tells you do NOT tape the joints where the hose connects to. Otherwise it's been fine.

Those Brasscraft flex connectors from Home Depot are rated exactly the same BTW - 1/2 psi. Check it out in the details here: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053.

Very interesting and thanks for the homework and feedback. I would've gone that route if I knew that myself. I ended up getting custom rubber whatever hoses made locally and then had SS braiding put around the hoses so they look better than black rubber against my SS brew rig. Cost ended up being more too. But good to know for future reference. So did you go with 3/8" flare to couple direct to your burner orfices?

BTW - I am doing a stand very similar to yours with the same 3 burners that are on a single adjustable bar to lower and raise the burners between 4.5" and 2" from the kettles. Great minds think alike.

No problem! I did go with 3/8" flare to flare and adapted my plumbing accordingly. This way I can easily remove the lines if and when needed without having to worry about tape.

Gotta have the adjustability! Good luck with your build and feel free to shoot any questions along. I may or may not be good help lol.

Cool. I went 3/8" flare to 1/4" MPT to go straight into my regs. So I use gas pipe dope.

Yep that works too! Obviously at some point I did that as well because I have all 1/4" gas plumbing. I just wanted to make sure I could easily replace or adjust those lines if necessary.

Back