Next Brew, Need Sugestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlangfo5

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the brewing scene here. I just bottled my first home brew, it was an all grain Belgian wheat, and I am trying to figure out what I want to make next. I was hoping that i'd be able to get some suggestions on here.

Some logistical constraints, I have a 5 gallon mashing tun to mash in and one 5 gallon carboy for both the primary and secondary fermentation. I don't want to spend over 40 dollars on grain including shipping.

Some additional preferences, I don't want to start anything at this point that will take longer than 3 weeks to get into the bottle and 4 additional weeks to condition and carb up.

Taste preferences, I like heavy bodied beer that are not super necessarily dark like Guinness. As far as color goes, something amber would be nice. So I guess, I am looking for a recipe that should turn out with a nice amber color that is heavy bodied.

I appreciate the help!

Back