Problem adjusting dual body regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard-SSV

Reaction score
I have a dual body regulator that I am having problems with adjusting individual psi for separate kegs. I have an Apfelwein in one keg that I would like to serve at 2-3 psi. I have an IPA in the other keg that I would like to serve at 10-12 psi.

The problem is that if I set the the Apfelwein first at 2-3 psi and then set the IPA to 10 psi, the psi on the Apfelwein will go up to 5 psi. If I then adjust down the Apfelwein psi from 5 to 3 the IPA psi goes up to 15 psi?

It was driving me nuts yesterday! Is there a certain way you should go about setting different psi on a dual body regulator?

Any ideas? Anyone???

I tried another route.... I went ahead and completely turned off the gas on the Apfelwein and focused on getting the psi dialed in to 10 on my IPA.

I close the check valve, loosen the screw to gauge, and purge the gauge. I then turn the screw on the gauge to set the psi to 10 psi and open the check valve.

It will stay at 10 psi for a few minutes, but when I check back 10 minutes later it's gone up to 15 psi? I tried the above routine again and this time set it to 5 psi. Same deal, 10 minutes later it's at 15 psi?

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds more like your regulators are not all that consistent, since the problem persists when you are trying to adjust one of them. Regulators are very simple mechanical devices. You should make all adjustments with the valves open and give them a couple hours to stabilize.

There is also the possibility that your check valves leak enough that you are seeing keg pressure after a bit, regardless of how you have the regulator set.

Back