Bless me sister, for I have beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakerStreetBeers

Reaction score
I'm going to a Halloween party on Saturday. One of the hosts talked me into brewing up 5 gallons of a Guinness Clone for the event so I will be "bringing it strong" as the kids say. I'm normally not a big Halloween guy and struggle to come up with a costume (and usually don't bother). But I had a little inspiration this year and am now the proud owner of a sweet-ass monk's robe.

Of course I don't want to be random monk dude. I want to be badass brewing abbey monk dude. I'm looking for ideas for (a) simple accessories (beyond the mug of beer I will of course have in my hands at all time) and (b) things to say that sound maybe a little religious but are about beer.

Just had a sweet accessory idea, but probably won't have time to pull it off (this year): brew paddle with a cross shaped handle.

Quote my favorite monk (Martin Luther) "It's better to think about God in the alehouse than the alehouse in church."

That line works really well with the chicks.

Quote my favorite monk (Martin Luther) "It's better to think about God in the alehouse than the alehouse in church."

That line works really well with the chicks.

Sweet. Those are the best kind. From my Googling on this topic, it seems like Luther was a major beer booster.

Just had a sweet accessory idea, but probably won't have time to pull it off (this year): brew paddle with a cross shaped handle.

Sorry but I drew a blank on accessory ideas, but just wanted to say the brew paddle with the cross shaped handle is brilliant. Maybe even extend it to be used as a walking stick as well.

Maybe a rosary with a small, mug shaped shot glass attached to it? And I think sandals are a must. Maybe a laurel of hops & barley?

Of course I don't want to be random monk dude. I want to be badass brewing abbey monk dude.

It'll probably be a sad let-down when you realize that no one will know what you are talking about lol. Though this is probably the coolest idea for a halloween costume I've heard yet

you should have a little vial of "holy water". You know an open can of even BMC that you could sprinkle on the none believers.

Latest posts

Back