Beginner from SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernestmyname

Reaction score
I am a student at Clemson University looking for a new hobby. Well, I can honestly say I have already found it.

A friend at my co-op (like an internship) brought me a bottle of his homebrew for me to try. It was the best beer I have ever had. He told me he would teach me, but I have far surpassed his methods of brewing.

According to my research, he did just about everything wrong with his homebrew. He didn't use yeast starters with liquid yeast, pitched his yeast 12 hours after he cooked his wort, and called his beer 12% alcohol because he doubled the malt extract that came with the 6% kit. With that in mind, it is my goal to do everything right and see how this thing called homebrew turns out..

Will be asking lots of questions in the near future. I've got a yeast starter on the counter, and a Hefeweizen extract kit in the fridge. I plan to cook it on Thursday. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back