Oops! German Alt w/ Hefe yeast??? Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenFields

Reaction score
I put together two extract ingredient kits from Brewmasters Warehouse based on recipes from Brewing Classic Styles. German Alt & Weissbier.
After racking the Weissbier to primary last night I noticed that it was pretty dark, after checking a bit more, I realized that Brewmasters swtiched the lables on the extract buckets on accident, so I ended up using the
Alt extract = 7.4lbs Pilsner LME & 0.7lbs Munich LME with WLP300 Hefe yeast.
Any guess how this will turn out??

I suspect even though it doesn't have any wheat malt, it'll still come out like a lighter colored Dunkelweizen -- the yeast is so much of a stronger element here than the wheat malt.

The real name is Dampf Beer, (which means "steam" in German) it's an old classic style from Germany. It's quite good if you know what to look for. Which is dark malt with yeasty, banana and clove flavors. look it up on the internet and it will tell you all about it. I bet you will love it.

I think that sounds pretty good to me personally. Since it was our fault that your stuff was mixed up shoot me an email so that we can at least make sure your other recipe is brewed according to your plans.

Thanks,

Ed

I think that sounds pretty good to me personally. Since it was our fault that your stuff was mixed up shoot me an email so that we can at least make sure your other recipe is brewed according to your plans.

Thanks,

Ed

I sent a PM last week and also sent you an email on the Brewmasters Warehouse website, but I havent heard anything???

Back