where did i see a beer line clamp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artbrewer

Reaction score
i know i saw a beer line restrictor clamp somewhere,
now i cant remember where!
it is used to reduce foam in draft beer systems

Is my logic flawed? I would think pinching your line would INCREASE foam....

Do a search on 'line balancing'. I think a properly balanced system is going to work much better for you then trying to patch a sinking ship...

There are faucets that have adjustable restriction built in but really, line is cheap. Save what you've got for some possible picnic taps in the future and replace them with properly sized lines.

no... i have perlicks and 5 ft. beer lines, i dont have a big foam problem...but i know i have seen a clamp type device for beer lines. i just cant find them anywhere now.

You must have some kind of foam problem or you wouldn't be asking. At a minimum you should be running 10' lines.

i have had the system for 2 weeks it was put together by kegconnection.
it has a 2 tap tower and 5 ft. beer lines.
do all of you guys agree that it should have 10 ft. lines?

It's your call. You could spend hours messing with pressure/line length, or you could just go with the longer lines and not have to stress about it. There is no way you are going to get everyone to agree on a specific line length or pressure. I base my 10' line length on about a dozen forum members who have been kegging longer than I have and recommended 10' lines when I was was having foaming issues. Beverage tubing is dirt cheap at Home Depot/Lowe's and once you get things figured out, you can invest in the spendier stuff if you want.

Back